Chapter 36

Nate's POV

I watched as my beautiful mate was crowned luna. She looked gorgeous, even though her clothes were tattered and her hair was full of random sticks. Her eyes were bright with excitement, and her cheek had some dirt smeared on it. As her mouth curved into a smile, I realized that right now, I was the happiest person in the world.

If only it hadn't been so hard to get to this point.

******

Sera's POV

I woke up feeling light kisses being pressed against my neck. As I blinked, I felt the pressure on my legs move up. I realized that the pressure was Nate when I saw his handsome face come into view. He was so close to me that I could count all of his eyebrow hairs. His lips were inches away from mine, and as he leaned down, I prepared to kiss him. But before his lips could even touch mine, the door slammed open, and I watched as a bare foot Harper waddled in.

"Hi Ce-ce! Nyate!" she climbed onto the bed and crawled over to where we were. "Why are you laying on each other?" Quickly, we pulled apart and laid side-to-side, cringing at what Harper had almost walked into.

"Good morning," I mumbled as she looked at me, expecting me to say something. I still had that uncomfortable dry feeling in my throat and mouth that everyone gets in the morning.

"Hello princess," Nate's voice sounded even deeper and huskier because he had just woken up. And to be honest, if Harper wasn't in the room, I would've done very non-PG things with him.

"Daddy says I get to hang out with you two today!" she pushed herself up and started jumping up and down on the bed. "What are we doing?"

"Kurt!" I yelled once I saw him standing at the door, with a mischievous smirk on his face. I slid off of the bed and walked over to him, wincing at the feel of the cold hardwood floor under my feet. "Why didn't you tell me we were supposed to babysit her?" I whispered angrily, poking his chest with my pointer finger.

"I knew you two would say no," he grinned.

"Of course we would say no, today is supposed to be Nate and I's day," I moved my hands around frantically as I spoke.

"Look," he paused. "You and Nate have been screwing like bunnies every since you met, Amanda and I," he looked over at Harper. "Haven't, ya know, done the dirty, in the past two months!" He winced, as if remembering some painful memories. "Do you know how many cold showers and instances of blue balls I've had because of that?" He widened his eyes, tilted his head, and waited, watching as I cringed at his words.

"Okay!" I made a disgusted face at him. "We'll take care of her!"

"Knew it," he grinned, snapped his fingers, and skipped off, a bright smile on his face.

"Jerk," I shut the door and rubbed my temples, trying to get the image of Amanda and Kurt together out of my head.

"Hey, Ce-ce!" I turned my head when I heard Harper's bubbly voice calling out to me.

"Yes princess?" I smiled when I saw her pulling Nate's hair.

"Let's bake some stuff!" Even though I grimaced at the thought of Nate, Harper, and I in the kitchen together, I couldn't disappoint Harper.

"Of course, let's just get ready," I picked up Harper, and carried her to the front of a mirror so that I could brush through the tangles in her hair. She had beautiful blonde hair, but because it was super curly, it was prone to becoming a big ball of knots. 

"Ouch, ouch, ouch!" Harper yelled as I ran a brush through her hair.

"Sorry, I just need to get all the tangles out," I said calming words as I untangled everything.

Once we were done, and all of the knots were out, I went over to the bathroom to brush my teeth and get ready. I could hear Harper's giggles as I put some concealer and lip balm on. My dark circles were extra dark today because of all the stressful stuff that had happened.

As the three of us went downstairs to the kitchen, Harper being carried by Nate, I noticed that there wasn't anyone in the hallways.

"Where is everyone?" I asked, as we passed a series of empty rooms.

"Preparing," Nate answered.

"For what?"

"There's just this feeling that something bad and dangerous is going to happen," he sighed. "Everyone's preparing for the worst."

"Oh," I looked down at my feet. "For some reason I feel uneasy too."

"Don't worry," he grinned. "We'll be fine."

Later, as I watched Harper and Nate trying to cook, I couldn't help but get rid of the impending sense of doom that I felt. Something bad was going to happen.

******

Author's Note

I know that the past few chapters have been kind of boring, but all the action will happen in the next few. I'm just trying to build up all of the excitement and stuff, so bear with me through these chapters.

Also, I wanted to warn you all that updates will start to be slower in the next week or so, because I'm starting school on Thursday. I'm sad about it too, but I have to put my studies before this, even though I would rather just stay on my bed for eternity.

 I'm sad about it too, but I have to put my studies before this, even though I would rather just stay on my bed for eternity