Chapter 7: My heart is yours

Still watching the man from a safe distance, Marinette grabbed her own trembling hands to calm down. She wasn't sure if it really was Chat. The person in front of her had all his hair under a black hoodie, and most of his face was covered. Honestly, he just looked like a thug.

"C-Chat?" Marinette took a few steps back just for safety. If that person really was Chat, then it meant he was exposed to her. His real identity was right in front of her.

Adrien bit his lip, still fighting off the pain of the unexpected kick she gave him. He was now sure he would never be able to have kids.

"My Lady..." He stood up as firmly as he could, trying to forget the pain. "That kick...I missed you too," he said softly, letting out a faint laugh. She stared at Chat with a startled look. It was clearly a joke, but she couldn't laugh along. She did miss him.

"Stupid cat, you scared me to dead!" Marinette's body slowly became more loose, letting out all her fear. She knew it wasn't his fault, he was there only to take back what was his... But there she was, questioning herself. Why didn't he ever look for her, not even once since that night? Her eyes were breaking, and it didn't take long for Adrien to notice what was happening. Slowly walking up towards her, she took a few more steps back, but he grabbed her wrist just in time before she could completely walk out of that alley.

"My lady..." His voice infiltrated Marinette's head, making her completely vulnerable to him.

"Stop. Chat. Please. Just Take your kwami and leave." She shook off his hand, as her gaze looked away from him. She didn't want to look at him, and not now where she could figure out who he was. It was wrong. She finally understood that she couldn't risk it, if their partnership ever got screwed....

She bit her lip to shake off that thought.

No.

It was already screwed.

Adrien stayed quiet, looking at her from head to toes. How she tried to held her tears back, the way her gaze looked at everything but him. A little melancholic smile grew in his lips as he saw the scarf in her neck. Even outside of school she would wear it, it made him happy. He didn't want to push her away. Although he should have thought of that when he ignored her all this time. He couldn't help but remind himself

She loved another

Closing his hand into a wrist to control his own emotions, he looked away from her. "Where is Plagg?"

"He's up there in my room."

A little silence invaded them. Neither of them knew what to do. How could they know?

Being the first one to break the ice, Marinette started to walk back to her house, and Adrien followed her. No words were needed now, and honestly, neither of them had the guts to speak at the moment. Marinette opened the back door of her house, revealing the stairs that lead to her kitchen. "Wait here." She whispered before he could get pass the door, and continued to go up and check if her mom was there. He obediently waited for his lady to come back down, and luckily it didn't take long, the coast was clear. He walked up silently, looking at Marinette's back as she guided him to her room. Her messy hair tempted him to just stop her and kiss her completely, to make up for all the time he ignored her as Chat and as Adrien. But he didn't. He couldn't.

"Tikki?" Walking up to her room, Marinette quickly headed to her desk to get this done with and give back Plagg to his owner. As she looked around the desk, the two kwamis were nowhere to be seen. "Tikki!?" She asked again more worried, capturing Adrien's attention.

"What's wrong?" He walked up to her, not entirely sure what was going on.

Frustrated, Marinette began to look everywhere, making a huge mess in her desk. Papers and pencils started to fall off the floor, and Adrien was not quite sure of what to do. He bent down to pick up her stuff, noticing a peculiar detail. There was a Diary. He knew it wasn't right to actually look at that kind of stuff, but curiosity really did kill the cat. As soon as his wide hand grabbed the diary, he noticed a little picture that fell off.