Chapter 36

Chapter 36
Infected

"It's the best solution to kill the rumors, Lauren." Ate Lorie convinced me. "Kapag hindi niyo ginawa 'yon, babalik at babalik ang rumors about Nathanael and his girlfriend."

"That's not the solution, Ate Lorie, Ate Beth." I looked at them both. "Baka nga po mas lumaki pa ang issue kapag ganoon ang nangyari. They might think na kaya naging kami or whatsoever ay dahil sa naging issue ni Nathanael. It's kinda suspicious. They will just doubt our relationship."

"I've already thought about that." sabi naman ni Ate Beth. "I know that it's suspicious but your fandom will become stronger and bigger kapag naging kayong dalawa."

"Please think about it thoroughly, Lauren... Para sa inyong dalawa rin 'to ni Nathanael." pakiusap sa akin ni Ate Lorie.

Paulit-ulit na tumatakbo sa isipan ko ang mga sinabi nila Ate Beth at Ate Lorie. Hindi ko alam kung papayag ba ako sa plano nilang magpanggap kami ni Nathanael na kami na.

Before, I'm willing to act like we're something pero ngayon, I feel like something's holding me back to agree in that kind of set-up. Tingin ko'y hindi na 'yon tama ngayon.

"Lauren..." Nathanael carefully called me out.

Napatingin naman ako sa kaniya na ngayo'y nag-aalalang nakatingin sa akin.

"I know that you're really quiet when you're with me pero alam ko ring ibang bagay ang nagpapatahimik sa'yo ngayon." sabi niya. "If this is about what Ate Lorie and Ate Beth told us of what we need to do... you don't have to. We can just think of another way. "

I can feel the sincerity of every word that came from his mouth. It made me more confused with my decision.

"You've done enough for me, Lauren." sabi niya. "This is my problem and yet, I'm dragging you down with me. I can't let you sacrifice more because of me and my girlfriend. We don't want to be a hindrance on your future lovelife." he said and smiled at me.

Tumango nalang ako at sinuklian ang kaniyang ngiti.

Nang sinabi 'yon ni Nathanael ay isang tao lang ang pumasok sa aking isipan.

It's Kalijah.

Why do I think of him as a part of my future lovelife? Maybe because the past will always be a part of your future. You wouldn't be who you are in the near future without what you've gone through the past. I wouldn't be the Lauren Sarmiento I am now without Kalijah Marchetti that I had in the last.

"We're here." Nathanael announced when we got to his girlfriend's house.

Nathanael told me that his girlfriend's parents aren't here in Manila right now that's why his girlfriend suggested na dito nalang sa kanila magkita.

It's a good thing that his girlfriend approved with the plan. If I were his girlfriend, I wouldn't agree or I will think twice. I'm not that selfish pero parang ang sakit lang kapag ipinagsigawan niya na magbestfriend lang kami kaysa ipagsigawan niyang mahal niya ako.

"Hello?" he called his girlfriend. "Open the gates. Nandito na kami. Okay... I love you." sabi niya bago binaba ang kaniyang cellphone.

Ilang sandali pa'y may babaeng nagbukas ng gate. I'm not sure if that's his girlfriend but I don't think so dahil medyo may katandaan ito.

Nang mabuksan ang gate ay umarangkada na ang sasakyan papasok sa kanilang bahay.

His girlfriend's house is simple but it's modern. Hindi ito kasing laki ng bahay namin but I think that it's also spacious enough for one family.