"That's Lola," a voice said from the shadows. Annabeth hadn't even realized she'd been staring at the car until a man who looked around forty walked out from the garage she'd been looking at earlier. Annabeth narrowed her eyes as the average, seemingly hard worn man approached her. He surveyed her from head to toe before nodding at Mack behind her. Cautiosuly, he released the grip he was holding on her arm and walked back to the van.

"Do you know who I am?" the man finally spoke. Annabeth clenched her jaw and shook her head. How the heck would she know him? They really thought they were terrorists, didn't they?

"I'm Director Coulson, of the Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement Logistics Division. "

Well okay then.

Annabeth stared at him blankly. "Is that supposed to mean something to me?" From behind, she heard someone break up into laughter. A hand clapped her shoulder. "You're bloody hilarious! Is your buddy like this too?" Hunter gasped for air.

A wave of guilt washed over Annabeth. She had almost forgotten; the smirk faded off her face. "You can't take him on an airplane."

The Director looked taken aback. "Excuse me?" he asked with a raised brow, as if he couldn't believe that she'd contradicted him.

Annabeth struggled for a decent reason. "He's terrified of flying."

"Well, I'm terrified of May and I'm still living, so I'm sure he'll be fine. " He paused and focused at something behind her. "Mack, get him to the pod?"

Annabeth scowled as she watched the agent carry her boyfriend out of the room, still lifeless. Anxiety coursed through her veins as Mack, along with a defenseless Percy, slowly disappeared into the darkness.

"What'd you shoot him with? Who are you? Where are we?" she demanded suddenly, her fury returning at once. She had somehow maintained a steady voice as she spoke.

Coulson scanned the girl once more, doubt creeping into his mind. He had proof that this girl had accompanied the boy along with his endeavors... but how could they be this involved with these terroristic plots without any knowledge of the government, or, at least, knowledge of I.C.E.R.S. and similar technology? Sure, it was classified SH.I.E.L.D. intelligence, but Hydra and CyberTech had already begun processing their own models.

Of course, there was always the chance she was lying. He'd have to put them under the detector eventually.

"We're S.H.I.E.L.D. We protect those who can't protect themselves." He stated with little enthusiasm as a guilty itch began at the base of his neck.

Of course, the itch could have been his tie too. He had no reason to feel guilty. Perseus Jackson and Annabeth Chase had been seen at multiple accounts of bombings of major landmarks, plus a few elaborate news stories. And the sword/pole/weapon May and Daisy had informed them about during their first meeting with the subject? That didn't sound suspicious at all

Note the sarcasm.

Coulson took care to stay expressionless. He watched as the blonde swallowed hard, obviously holding back a bitter comment. "Mr. Jackson was shot with den- din...- Fitz, what-"

"Dendrotoxin," he mumbled before he had a chance to fully word his question. Coulson gave him a once over; his arms were crossed over his chest, and he seemed very morally conflicted about the situation. Coulson sighed before returning to the girl in front of him. Her face showed that she was no longer interested in conversing with them.

Seeing that everyone had dispersed but Daisy and Bobbi, Coulson ushered the girl to get moving. "We're not terrorists," the girl suddenly snapped. Her tone wasn't angry or frustrated: it was pleading.