Phase One of the Kidnap

"We have to do something." murmured Damon into Stefan's ear as they lay entwined under the sheets the following morning.

"Let the baby die." muttered Stefan, still sulking after Damon had refused to have sex with him.

"Aw, come on Stefan, don't be grumpy now." Damon whispered as he trailed a finger down Stefan's face to his neck. Stefan shivered slightly but didn't give in to Damon's touch, and turned the other way.

"It's half her child, Damon, it's an abomination and I-" Stefan gasped as Damon's arms snaked around his waist. "Damon... no..." he said weakly while Damon trailed kisses all over the back of his neck. Finally Stefan pulled away, resisting the urge to jump him. "I thought we were going to sort this problem out Damon, not have you torture me! Can we please just get dressed and do something before I give in and gnaw your face off! You're just being distracting..."

"Hmm..." Damon purred. "I like the sound of that..."

Stefan's face made Damon stop instantly.

"I'm sorry, brother, I promise I'll be good... for now..."

"Jesus Christ, Damon, can't we take this seriously for five minutes?! All you want to do is make out and make sarcastic comments!"

With that last accusation, Stefan turned and left the room. Running downstairs two at a time, he moved towards the front door. Suddenly a warm, strong hand wrapped around his wrist.

"Stop! Stefan!"

Stefan stood still, staring emotionlessly at the painted wooden door of his own house.

"Please... Stefan, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you..."

The younger Salvatore's knees almost buckled as he melted at Damon's enticing touch. Stefan, breathing heavily, turned around slowly. He couldn't help but feel forgiving. Stefan had been compelled before, but never like this.

Stefan looked up at his brother hesitantly. Damon no longer had that mischevious smirk plastered on his seemingly sorrowful face.

"Look," Damon began."I'm sorry. I mean it..."

Damon clasped his brother's hands as he spoke.

"We can work this out. Seriously this time. But we can't let Elena get an arbortion! Not yet anyway."

Stefan coughed profusely and rolled his eyes.

"Stefan! That could be your kid in there! What happened to wanting to grow old and have a family, Stefan? What happened to you?"

The lighter haired brother fixed his gaze on the floor.

"It's not like that anymore, Damon..." Stefan muttered.

"Hey, look at me." Damon said, as he lifted Stefan's chin and cupped his face. "Just because this isn't... a typical relationship, it doesn't mean things are different."

Stefan raised his eyebrows quizzically.

"Okay, maybe a little different. But that doesn't change anything, Stefan. It's our duty and we need to find Elena, now!"

"But then what, bro? What are we gonna do about Elena?" Stefan asked.

Damon paused thoughtfully and gazed deeply into his brother's patient eyes.

"We have to kidnap her."