CHAPTER #29- Bringing Down The House

It was the day of Jay Park's annual AOMG Basketball game. As promised he and Simon D were the team captains. First pick went to Simon D and of course he chose Nari. It went back and forth until everyone was on a team. Jay Park had Ugly Duck, Loco, Elo, Dj Wegun, Hoody, Cha Cha and one of the office girls. Simon D had Nari, Dj Pumkin, Hep, Gray, Mi-hi, the other office girl and Min. Since on court only five people at a time were allowed, the other three sat on the bench. Dok2 and The Quiett were the referees for the game.

Nari asked, "Mi-hi are you good at basketball?"

"I'm okay. I get baskets if it's a lay up, but mostly I just pass the ball if I get it. Sometimes I forget and get called for travelling," Mi-hi answered quietly, so the other team couldn't hear.

"My shortness is a hinderance, but I do my best." Min added behind her hand. Then asked, "what about you Nari?"

"I've got an ace in the hole, which no one knows about, except Simon. I told him and showed him, last night." Nari winked mysteriously.

Everyone had to play, so it was fair. Simon D and Jay Park were the best at the game and scored often. Cha Cha's height gave him an advantage, but Simon D knew how to use the girls on his team to even out the score. Min was sent to block Cha Cha and Mi-hi did the same with Jay Park. Cha Cha caught on faster than his team captain. Jay Park got fouled a few times, against Mi-hi.

"Jay are you trying to pull a Hack-a-Shaq on Dj Pumkin?" Gonzo asked, after blowing the whistle on another foul.

"Not intentionally," Jay replied with a chuckle.

The points went back and forth, until the winner had to be chosen by a separate competition. Each side chose a player from the opposing team to be the one doing shooting. That player was given one minute to complete as many baskets as possible. The winning team would be the one with the most completed baskets. The participants would stand at the top of the key to make the shot, to put the ball into the hoop.

"You know the rules, most important is that your feet can't be on the foul line when you attempt the shot." The Quiett advised.

Hoody groaned, "why'd you have to pick me?"

"Because Jay picked Nari. Had to keep it fair."

Mi-hi smirked, "best girl on girl action any of you are ever gonna get!"

Once the laughter died down, then Dok2 blew the whistle.

At first everyone was focused on their own team's shooter. But the more Hoody missed, the more Jay's team watched Nari. It was obvious that Simon D's team had won after the minute was over. But no one wanted Nari to stop shooting.

"Keep going, I can't believe she hasn't missed!" Loco said, making a side bet with Gray.

"Is it just from the point or can you make the same shot from either side?" Jay asked in amazement.

"Nope, just from dead on. Only way I can clear the hoop. If on the side, I can try with a lay up and usually it hits the rim. This is the only part of basketball I can do consistently. As you saw, if I take my eyes off the ball when dribbling during the game, it hits my toes. I suck at everything else, but this.... can I stop now?"

"Sure baby, we won thanks to you." Simon smiled, catching the ball she threw to him.

"Good, I'm going to ride to #9 Cloud with Mi-hi and get the food set up. See you guys all there. I hope y'all are hungry!" Nari put on her motorcycle helmet and waited for her friend to do the same, then rode off.