CHAPTER #7- Moving Forward

Nari hated feeling scared and worse like she was a burden on Simon D and the AOMG guys. She wanted to take charge of her life. It was almost like after her mother had passed away, there was no use for her. Sure she was financially fine, thanks to her inheritance, but she wanted to be useful. First was dealing with HIM.  At Simon D's request, they went to the police station and filed a restraining order. If he came near her, he'd go to jail. But that didn't help her paranoia. So she found a self defence course, where the instructor spoke English. Every day she went, until Nari was confident she could protect herself. She also wanted to properly learn to speak and read Korean.  A private tutor, which Jay Park had recommended, was hired. The progress was slow, but Nari was becoming more self reliant. With that came confidence. The changes were noticed gradually by her AOMG friends, but Simon D realized that Nari smiled a lot more than she use to.

"Wasn't Nari supposed to come by with lunch today?" Jay asked Simon D.

Before he could answer, one of the office girls called for them. "What's up?" Simon asked.

"It's Nari, she rode up on a motorcycle!"

Jay looked out the office door, "holy shit, when did she get a sports bike?"

"And when did she get a Korean motorcycle license?" Simon exclaimed in surprise. "Have I been gone that often?"

Nari took off the pack from the back of the motorcycle, helmet in the other hand. As she walked towards the AOMG office, she saw the people waiting for her. "Hi everyone, lunch has arrived!"

"You're riding again? When did you get a license?" Simon asked.

"Wait... she's speaking fluent Korean!" Jay noticed suddenly.

"You guys aren't the only ones who've been busy improving your lives. I've worked hard too. I'm still working on writing Korean, but I can read and speak it now. The rest was easy and I got the motorcycle two days ago."

She moved towards the common room and put her helmet down on the couch. Then she unpacked the lunch. It was porridge in multiple thermos containers. The AOMG guys in office, didn't know what to focus on first.

"You're amazing! How'd you even get all this here, on a motorcycle none the less!" Chase said in awe, in English.

"Talent!" Nari laughed, switching back to English.

"This is cause for a celebration! Tonight we'll go to the club that Dj Pumkin is spinning at," Jay stated, as he accepted his portion of the porridge.

"What other surprises do you have up your sleeve?" Simon D asked Nari with a raised eyebrow.

"You'll just have to wait and see.... discovering is half the fun," she smirked.

"Hey this is delicious... abalone porridge," Gray said between mouthfuls.

Nari smiled, "thanks. I rode over quick, so it should still be warm too." She waited until they were almost finished eating and added, "I also got a part time job at another floral company. They do arrangements not just with flowers, but with fruit and chocolate too. My eye for colour combinations came in handy."

Simon D stood and picked her up, spinning in a circle. She giggled and demanded he put her down. "Have I been blind or something? When did you do all this?"

"You're busy, as you should be. I just decided to take charge of my life. Y'all inspired me, not just in my art, but to do better and strive for more."

"I'm taking you out to dinner first, before the club. I'll pick you up at 9 pm," Simon D announced.

"Then I guess I'll let you guys get back to work," Nari smiled and kissed his cheek.