Chapter 36: Damian

Damian decided that while he was in the mood, he would also complete Rosalie and Mycroft's union ceremony. He sent Clarke, standing guard outside his door, to fetch the happy couple and their parents. It was a matter best done in the company of loving, supportive parents, especially since Rosalie was Trey's daughter and like a niece to him.

When they all arrived, he allowed Rosalie and Mycroft to take a temporary seat before his desk, as he sought the reassurance he needed. Their parents; Mycroft's only remaining parent, Lucas, and Trey and Emily; stood at the side of the room, looking forward to the upcoming event.

"Master," Clarke spoke from the side of the room, to gain Damian's attention. "I am sorry to tell you that Miss Rosalie has been quite ill in the past few days, whilst consuming human food," he explained, as his duty demanded.

Mycroft turned soft, but worried eyes on her, only for Damian to smile.

"Thank you, Clarke, that information is most appreciated," he nodded to the guard, who was then able to take his leave, his duties performed. "Dear Rosalie, do not worry. We are not meant to consume human food. It is just a symptom of your blood that has made you feel so ill. It is nothing you need fear," he promised her.

The girl offered him a relieved smile and turned to share a happy look with her intended.

Mycroft reached out and took her hand, looking as relieved as she did.

"I am grateful to you both, for enduring the requirements I gave you. Unions such as these are never easy, but they are vitally important," Damian swore that they hadn't suffered for nothing. He looked up, to give a look of reassurance to his best friend, Trey and his wife Emily.

Lucas already looked convinced.

Damian was pleased they had agreed to be a part of the ceremony. The more people that surrounded them and loved them, the stronger the bond would be. Because, for some reason, he couldn't seem to find a sense of strength whenever Rosalie and Mycroft were together. He presumed that it was due to the fact they had fallen in love with one another out of mutual respect and neither one seemed to truly understand what true love was.

His previous venture into Rosalie's mind had shown him a young couple in love, but for all that he had seen it for himself, he was still not entirely convinced.

"Shall we get on with it then?" he asked, a little excited to perform the ceremony, for the first time. It was quite the occasion and he could see an equal joy in Trey's eyes, at being a witness to such an event.

As Mycroft and Rosalie were both pure bloods and Mycroft was a member of the Elder council, the situation was a little more complex than others he had performed. There was no chalice or length of fabric to bind their hands. There were even no rings. The ceremony was much more simple than that.

"Please, come with me," he asked, as he rose from his seat and moved into the middle of the room. The Elder's council table had been moved to the corner of the room, to make way for the ceremony.

Damian asked the couple to kneel, facing each other. They all waited patiently while they did so, sending furtive glances to each other. Though Damian loved Lucas like a cousin, Trey had never really got along with him, the way his best friend did. There was just something about Lucas' sense of superiority that didn't sit well with him, but Damian hoped this union brought them closer together.

"Mycroft, can you raise yourself a little higher than Rosalie please? Your blood and position within the clan is more dominant, so you must show that in your position here today," Damian explained, taking a step back, to check that the height difference was adequate. Once he was happy, he allowed the ceremony to go ahead. "And we begin," he warned them.