Chapter 3

Chapter 3

When I wake up again, I'm in the same bedroom as before, except I'm alone. I can remember Harry holding me as I fell asleep, but he's not here anymore. I'm glad he's not; I need to figure out a way to escape.

"Love, can I open the door?" Harry's soothing voice calls through the door. I find myself wanting to say yes, to make his voice not sound so sad anymore. Instead, I remain quiet, as if I'm not in here at all.

"Lacy, I can hear your little heart pounding. I'm not going to hurt you, I've already told you that," he assures me. A wave of calmness flows through my body, making me feel safe and warm. Harry opens the door, stepping through with some person that I don't know. This boy looks around the same age of Harry and has blond hair and blue eyes. He is just as handsome as the rest of the boys that I have seen.

"Lacy, my name is Niall. I'm one of Liam, Harry, and Zayn's friends. There's one more boy that you're going to meet, his name is Louis. You won't meet him until later," the blond one says. I nod, curling up into the covers. Harry comes over and sits next to me on the bed.

"Lacy, I'm going to explain some things to you. I don't want to live a lie while you're here with us, alright?" Harry asks. I nod, looking down at the duvet.

"Lacy, Niall, Liam, Louis, Zayn, and I are vampires. We used to live in Londom before traveling all around the world in search for our mate. Since we are a coven, we have one mate, our soul mate to be precise. This is very rare for this to happen, one because we are a coven of five, and two because we are all males. I'm 19 years old, Niall is 19 as well, Liam is 20, Zayn is 21, and Louis is 22. I know that you will probably laugh in a moment when I finish talking and tell me that I'm crazy. I'm not, this is the truth. Remember the strange murders on young girls that have happened lately? The girls were found dead with puncture wounds on their bodies, and that's it. Everyone thought it was suicide, it's not. Those girls were murdered by other vampires. We prefer to drink off of animal blood, and when we do feed off of humans, we make sure they still live, that they are criminals, and that they don't remember a thing. Lacy, you're our soul mate. We've been searching for you for a very long time." I stare at Harry in shock, about to start laughing hysterically until I notice the serious expression on his visage.

"Are you serious?" I ask him in disbelief.

"I assure you, love, Harry has never been more serious in his entire life," Niall says, placing a hand on my shoulder. The rest of the boys come in: Zayn, Liam, and a new one with a brown quiff who I suspect to be Louis. I stare at all of them before letting out a deafening scream that could wake the dead itself.

"Lacy, shh, babe, calm down!" Zayn exclaims, putting a hand over my mouth. I bite his palm, and it doesn't even seem to phase him. I stare at him with huge, wild eyes. Liam, the other boy who kidnapped me, strokes my hair. A wave of relief, safety, and calm washes over my body, suppressing my angry, scared, and confused emotions. I stare at Liam, becoming more and more convinced that he is controlling my emotions.

"Lacy, love, you're safe here with us. I know that you're frightened, but we won't hurt you. I promise," Louis says, his voice making me shiver. His eyes darken, making me whimper. Zayn removes his hand, glaring at Louis.

"Stop scaring her," he hisses, "the last thing we want is for her to know that we want to mate her." I make a noise in the back of my throat.

"M-mate with me?! What the hell does that mean?!" I yell at him, backing away from all of them. All of the boys glare at Zayn. I take this chance to bolt out of the bedroom and down the stairs, towards the front door.

"Now you've done it," I hear Harry say, as I'm making my escape. Before I can open the front door, his arms are wrapped tightly around me, keeping me in his warm embrace.

"Let go of me!" I yell at him, struggling to get away.

"No can do. You're ours now," he says.

"Liam, put her to sleep," Niall says. Someone touches my forehead, I'm guessing it's Liam, and then my eyelids droop. I try to stay awake for as long as I can, before I fall asleep.