Chapter 7: Horror Unfolds

Start from the beginning

"He called me...," I trailed off, and suddenly it was like a light bulb turned on in my head. Quickly, I flipped my cellphone out and tried calling Nick's number. It rang for a couple of never-ending minutes before going to Nick's annoying voicemail recording. I screamed and threw the small phone at a wall with intense frustration and anger, watching as it shattered into small, little silver pieces.

"You need to calm down man. We'll get them, I just want to figure out how the hell they got in there," Quil said with sympathy, lightly placing his hand on my shoulder in a brotherly manner. It calmed my nerves a little, but my mind was still racing frantically.

"Quil man, you don't understand... that's my little brother. Emily said two people were already dead and.."

"What? Who's fucking dead? Why didn't you tell me that part first?" He snatched his hand away from my shoulder to turn around and once again grab the file resting on the desk.

"Wait," Quil suddenly mumbled, squinting his eyes at something on one of the various pieces of paper. I looked at him with confusion and jumped a bit when he abruptly shot up out of his seat in realization.

"It says Andrew Roy has a twin brother! A sleazy, middle aged man by the name of... Isaac."

That was the information we needed, and soon Quil was frantically rushing around the whole station, telling certain officers to get in their cars and immediately go to the mysterious house where my terrified brother and his poor friends were trapped.

We got to the ominous haunted house in record time, though that was no surprise considering we flew down the highway with all the lights and wailing police sirens going off. Pulling up to the house, I gasped instantly. What the hell was Nick thinking going inside a horrible, disgusting place like this?

The yellowed paint was peeling, and all the windows were all suspiciously boarded up. A dense, ominous fog surrounded the house, and half dead trees hung all around it as if they were framing the ugly face of the building. There was even a creepy rocking chair on the beat-up wooden porch, that was rocking faintly like someone had just been sitting there.

A chill ran through my spine, and I hopped out of the squad car without a word.

"Okay, everyone buddy up and we will go in two at a time. Split up and look for anyone alive," Quil announced, as the officers that were huddled around us nodded in understanding and paired up.

Someone laughed, "You want us to use the buddy system?" he asked, chuckling again in amusement. Anger boiled up inside of me, and before I could stope myself, I was stomping over to the jack ass who was making light of the situation.

"Listen here mother fucker, my little brother and at least three other people are trapped in there with god knows who. So, I suggest you shut the fuck up and do your job, or is that too much for your little brain to understand?" I spit harshly, right into his embarrassed face. The officer just gulped and nodded his head in shame, gazing down at his feet to hide his flustered expression.

Turning on my heel, I went to stand over by Quil and he handed me a big, heavy flashlight. I walked up to the decaying house first, took a nervous gulp, and slowly pushed opened the creaky door.

We were instantly hit with an intense smell of rotting flesh, so bad that my eyes began to water uncontrollably. As soon as Quil and I stepped inside the rotting building, the door slammed shut behind us and echoed down the now dark hallway. I briefly wondered what the officers on the other side thought of that, but then I took a glance around.

It looked like hurricane Katrina hit this place.

There were little bits of dusty dry wall all over the dirty floor, but it was a deep brown color now from rot. Colorful wires hung down from the ceiling and looked as if they had been chewed on, by what I had no idea though. There was even some graffiti on the wall, but all of it was unfinished and fading from time.