Chapter Twenty...

Începe de la început

"You're just a fucking Bad Boy! Leave me the hell alone!"

I turned and ran out of the room...

*Leonardo DeVitto's POV*

"I believe it is time for you to return." I spoke into the phones receiver, before hanging up and clearing the phones history.

*Alexis's POV*

"Get Lain, We're leaving..." I ordered Lorenzo, as I walked into the living room, before walking towards the entrance of the house, "I'll be in the car."
"Hey! I'm not your servant!" He protested.

Turning back towards him, I sent him a glare, "You really don't want to piss me off right now..."

"Are you okay?" He asked, cautiously taking a step towards me.

I sighed, rubbing my forehead, before replying.
"Just please get Lain, so we can go..."

*Domenico's POV*

I looked at the text from Lorenzo.

We're leaving, i'll keep her safe.x

I almost smiled, before replying. Almost.

Piss off you gay cunt...

"Domenico, What happened in here before I arrived?" My father asked, as he gestured for me to sit in front of his desk.

"I tried to explain things to her, but she refused to listen. I don't know what to do Padre..." i confessed, "I lo-" "I know figlio, I know..." he spoke, interrupting me.

"What do I do? I can't lose her again." I told him, as I placed my face in my palms. "When your mama is mad at me, I go out of my way to make her smile." He told me, "I don't know if that will work though, remember that shes hurting, for all intents and purposes, you are the reason why she is in danger."

"I'm going to try and call her." I decided, standing up, before walking towards the office door. "Wait a while, she will still be in the car at the moment. I've set up a watch schedule for her house, I'll inform the guard on duty to contact you when she arrives home." he told me, I nodded, before closing the door behind me.

*Alexis's POV*

"What happened in there?" Lorenzo asked me, as he stopped at an intersection, after he dropped Lain off at her house and assured me that she would be safe.

I answered him as we waited for the traffic light to turn green, "I discovered that not everyone has good intentions..."

He sighed, as he pushed the accelerator down and our car moved forwards...

"So i guess you found out about Asher then...?"
It was then that something bulldozed into the passengers side of the vehicle, effectively flipping our vehicle in the process.

As our car flew through the air, my life did not flash before my eyes, as everyone told me it would.

I did not have any regrets.

And I did not feel scared.

As our car flipped over and over again, and the top half of my body was strewn around the passengers side of the car, I did not feel pain.

The only thought going through my mind was that I'd be seeing my parents again soon.

*Domenico's POV*

"Shouldn't she be home by now?" I asked Carlo, as we sat in my office forty five minutes later.

"You'd think so, Lain sent me a text at least half an hour ago saying she was home safe." He informed me, as he pulled out his phone, "See..."

"So she's talking to you again?" I asked, although it sounded more like a statement than a question.
"Not really, but she agreed to let me know when she arrived home." He replied, before sighing, "I miss her so damn much, you don't understand..."

I laughed sarcastically, "Alexis and I may not have been together, but that doesn't mean I don't understand." I told him, before continuing. "Anyway, get out, I'm going to try and call her."

He put his hands up in surrender. "Alright man, I didn't mean to offend you."

"Yeah, whatever, I'm not in the mood." I replied, before closing the office door behind him, and returning to my seat.

Unlocking my phone, I opened my contacts, before selecting her name.

I clicked my tongue as I waited for her to answer, only for the phone to ring and ring and ring.

"Hello... I'm kidding, I can't come to the phone right now as I'm most likely dead to the world, or in other words, sleeping. If you need to contact me, text me, or wait an hour and try again, by then I may have crawled from the depths of hell to answer your call. Unless your Lain or Lorenzo, then text me you idiot."

I sighed as I heard the beep, which signaled the end of her recording and the beginning of mine. "It's Dom, could you please call me back, or text me or something. You need to understand that I'm trying to help you. Please Alexis..." I ended the call, before leaning back in my chair.

Just then, my office door burst open, revealing a pale faced Falco, "I was listening to the police scanner and there's been a crash, there was only one occupant in the vehicle. A male, I think its Lorenzo's car!"

*Alexis's POV*

I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes, only to realize something was covering them, leaving me in complete and utter darkness.
I tried to keep my breathing normal, as if I were still asleep, praying to god that nobody heard me groan. Trying not to panic, I assessed the situation, by arms were tied behind me, and I could feel rope cutting into my ankles, which were tied to something wooden, I assumed they were chair legs. My head was lolled to the side, and I had a cinch in my neck, but I knew I couldn't move into a better position, in fear of being caught awake. I had no idea where I was, and I had no idea if I was alone.

My entire body was in pain, and I could feel something wet dripping down the side of my face and arms. I assumed it was blood.

I tried not to dwell on the fact that I was tied up in an unfamiliar place. Instead I tried to use my senses to assess my injuries and try to figure out what environment I was in.

Excluding sight, obviously...

From what I could tell, it smelt like I was in a damp room, so I was probably in an abandoned building, or a house that had a leaky roof. I could tell I wasn't outside, because I couldn't feel any wind or heat from the sun, and the surface below me was too hard to be anything other than concrete, tiles or linoleum. I still had my heels on, and I didn't have my phone, or my clutch. It sounded like I was alone, but I still stayed still in case I was wrong.

I could hear voices coming from another room; they were muffled, so I assumed the door between us was closed.

"You fucking idiot! What did I tell you? I told you to fucking knock them off the road and grab the girl! Not completely total the car, risking her dying! Now we don't know what injuries she might have!" A familiar British voice could be heard from behind the door.

Asher...

"It wasn't me driving Boss! It was Jack! I told him to only nudge the car! He told me it wasn't my place to tell him what to do! I swear Boss!" An unfamiliar voice replied.

"Ill be speaking with him soon. Because of his mistakes, she still hasn't woken up. Did you at least kill the driver?"

"Who? Lorenzo? He looked like he was dead, so we left him." The voice informed him.

"You left him! You fucking left him? And what if he isn't dead? What if he does back to his Italian friends and tells them what happened! What do we do then?" Asher yelled, getting angrier and angrier.

"Do I have to do everything myself? Can I not rely on anybody?" he yelled, seeming like he wasn't wanting an answer to his question.

"You can rely on me boss, I wont fail you again." The voice assured him.

"No you won't."

It was then that a gunshot sounded from behind the door, causing me to flinch.

"Boss! She's awake!" Someone yelled from the other side of the room...