The blonde♥︎

For Harshita, yet again. 🌟

Meg

Meg

A little by little, each piece of my heart had shattered due to guilt. I had no idea of what this was all about but the minute he mentioned those notes, I could see where we would end up. The very first thing I want to tell all my friends is that I never meant for all of it to happen the way it did. I never thought of the consequences when I first started doing it, I was a little girl who felt a pang of jealously up her sleeves at the thought of her crush dating her friend. I recalled everything I had done, bit by bit. A sense of shame over my heart at the havoc I had caused.

FLASHBACK

I stared at Jade from my locker, few drops of tears slipped from her deep blue eyes as she read my note and scanned through the photos. I felt bad for her but at the same time, I felt relieved. The day wasn't very far when I would claim Dan to be mine. The last note which I had sent her contained a message, a photograph of Dan and his ex girlfriend kissing. This is what I had written on the note: The last note is what this is, if you think I'm lying, go visit the basketball court. You'll find your answers there.

I knew she'd go to the basketball court, she was heartbroken already. I couldn't help but feel a little sorry for what I had done, but I knew it can't be undone.

I decided to follow her till the basketball court, I was well aware of the fact that she'll find nothing. How would she? Dan wasn't even cheating on her, I just wanted her to grow suspicious.

I could never even imagine what I saw next in the basketball court. Jade's mouth was open and she let out a sob, her breath shaking. Right in front of her stood her boyfriend kissing a blonde, she had her hands swung around his shoulders and she was standing on her toes. As soon as Dan heard Jade's sob, he quickly pushed the girl away and ran towards Jade. Tears sprang from Jade's eyes while Dan tried his best to hug her and give her an explanation, but it was too late. She wasn't the only one who had been caught off guard, I was very shocked myself. I could never imagine he would cheat on her, a part of me was cursing the notes I had so innocently written. When Jade turned around to face Dan, she saw me. And that was it, she lost all of her composure in one go and yelled, "I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!"

Dan tried to keep her calm and said, "it's not what it looks like."

"That's what everyone says, Dan. But guess what? It's always the way it looks like. It is exactly like this. I should've known that you were cheating on me with Meg all along. What a great way to make my day special, kiss her again and make my day better!", she spat with hatred oozing out of the words. If words could kill, both Dan and I wouldn't have lived to experience the next day.

She hit Dan on the chest and before leaving, she whispered, "Happy anniversary."

It was a matter of co incidence, a big and interesting one. The girl who had sprung herself on Dan wore the same jeans as I did. It was only natural that she'd think it was me, after all, the photos I had sent her along with the first note were of both of us.  I walked away a little startled, I didn't know what I should do. While going out, I noticed Dan had picked up the letters and pictures she had left behind. I didn't bother, for what was to come or go of it?