The lost knight ♥︎

Dedicated to the senior who has always been there for me, thank you Ipsita.

Eleanor

Another sad moan escaped my lips as I wiped away my tears; this was all I had been doing lately. Crying.

I did not know how else to feel, nor would anyone else, if they were in my shoes.

Here I was, shedding tears for a friend I loved, remembering all the good times we had. The beautiful memories we made. I won't say that I had never thought this could happen, because in reality, I knew it would happen. I had always known, deep inside my heart, that I'll be left all alone to weep and cry.

Happiness scares me; happiness has always betrayed me.

I sometimes wish that no happiness comes my way, because it leaves a lot more tears every time it comes.

I wanted to scream and call the eternal spirit names. I wanted to know what my fault was, was it so big that no happiness was supposed to come my way?

Sometimes, the only option left to end all this sufferings seemed to be death. I had never done any harm to anyone, or anything for that matter. But, I did have my share of foes. Realisation being the one I disliked the most. Realisation kept hitting me, right on my head, telling me I was selfish and shouldn't take up my life, and that I should stay to look after her.

Her. She is the reason I ever started breathing, and also the reason that I'm still breathing. I would never know what I mean to her, we weren't the regular pair. She never wanted me, and I came out of her womb. I was more like a curse than a child, but she still decided to look after me, feed me. Send me to school. Do all the things they were supposed to do for their child. But I don't know if my mother will ever love me for being the curse that I was.

And my father? Every Time someone asks me about him, all I do is give them a sarcastic laugh. Because, Doesn't everyone know by now how my mother and I were abandoned by him?

Despite all that had happened in my life, I had a little piece of rainbow which had never failed to make me smile. I had loved that little of Ray of sunshine more than anyone could. There are times when certain things mean the world to us, and that is what my knight had been to me.

Was he my boyfriend? No.

Was he my best friend? Yes.

He was like the light of a candle which lightens up a dark room up. He was like the candy which made a little child stop crying.

His shoulder was mine, always had been mine. Not long ago, all his time used to be mine. His thoughts and actions reflected he cared.

But, I had been wrong all this while. I was never his, he was never mine. It was all just an illusion. The memories are still fresh and make me want to travel back in time.

But, all that I could do now is cry and try not to let my mind drift back into those memories and sins.

A/N: Let me know your views on this story. :) much love, Amogha.