The Crush♥︎

Dedicated to my friend, Saijal. Her creativity is worth admiring. 💕

 💕

Meg

FLASHBACK

"Happy birthday, Meg!", Joe, Dan and El wished me in unison almost making me deaf.

"Haha, thank you!", I cheerfully thanked them, happy with the fact that I had turned the big thirteen.

My family had thrown a surprise party for me and had invited my friends over. It really was a surprise, I didn't have the slightest idea of it.

I was busy watching 'Ugly Betty' and then all of a sudden, a bunch of kids from my school decided to come rushing in through the front door. I was taken aback, yet very happy to have them over.

But I was worried about something totally different. I looked down at myself; I didn't look like I was dressed for some party and the saddest part was the fact that it is my own birthday party.

"Now now, don't be so glum! You still look perfectly flawless in your pajamas, Meg.", El said , turning to me. I swear this girl has some supernatural powers, she can read my mind in a matter of seconds. God, I love El!

We all sat down in my bedroom, the walls of my room were painted a light shade of lavender, the room had a small shelf placed in the corner and it contained my school books, magazines and accessories. There was a little table in the other corner of the room which I used for my studies, besides it sat two beanbags and a small couch which could fit in two people. My little queen sized bed was placed in the middle. My room was sufficient for the nine of us to chill.

El, Niall, Mackenzie, Sarah and I sat on the bed. Joe and Lou sat on the couch while Dannie and Jade occupied the beanbags.

The seven of us were preoccupied discussing about our favourite comic series and a heated debate followed only to be dismissed with our laughters. I could clearly notice Jade and Dannie exchanging overly romantic words as they looked lost in their world of sweetness, in the other corner of my room. Oh how I hate sweets!

"You look beautiful, Jade.", he complemented her shyly.

"Thanks, Dan. You look very nice too.", she replied back equally shy and blushed at what he said. I couldn't help but feel envious because of the fact that he complimented her but didn't compliment me. I started blaming my mother inside my head for inviting Jade, she's not even that close!

Jade and Dannie had started dating two months ago after Dannie confessed his feelings to her. Apparently, she had a thing for him too and it didn't take a lot of time for them to be tagged as the 'cutest couple' in RHCS.

To be honest, I tried my best to keep him from dating her. A part of me hated Jade, not because she isn't nice, because in reality, she is. I had a strong feeling of dislike for her only because of Dan. I am crushing on him, I've always liked him. His eyes are so perfect, his lips are perfectly shaped and he's so athletic. I'm sure he'll be a jock once we reach high school. 

I'm one of his best friends, someone he would crack lame jokes with, the person he'd tease constantly, I'm not the girl he'd go to with his problems. Our friendship is a fun one, even though it isn't as deep or close like his and El's friendship. I have had a crush on him since the time we were ten. He doesn't have a clue, of course, nor does anybody else. This is the only thing El couldn't find out. The worst of it all is that Dan teases me with Joe. Words can't describe how much I hate that.

After the party was over and it was time for everyone to go back home, I heard Dan whispering to El, "I love Jade, I really do."

"This isn't love, this is infatuation.", El commented rolling her eyes and continued, "Nevertheless, I'm happy for you both. Jade is a great girl."

I will never understand how El managed to be so positive about everyone. 

A/N: Hey, everyone! I will be writing my story in a series of flashbacks alongside the present time, because according to me, this will help everyone understand the story better. As the story mainly revolves around a certain fight which had taken place in the past, it is essential for the readers to get a gist of what their lives and friendship had been like before the fight had broken out. In case any of you are wondering, all my characters will be 13 year olds' in the flashback series. The past and the present, both, will be depicted subsequently. The picture that is attached to this chapter is that of Jade who will be portrayed by the gorgeous Emily Rudd. I won't be adding Jade in the cast because her character won't be a part of the story for very long. Love you all!

~Amogha 🌟