Chapter 8

"Travis, you perv!" Katelyn hissed. She kept her voice low, for fear of Kawaii~Chan's wrath.

"Look, I'm not a perv!" Travis retorted.

Katelyn gave him a look.

"Okay, maybe a little. But I couldn't sleep! Sue me."

"So you came and stalked me?!"

Travis blushed and rubbed the back of his head. "I-it's not stalking!"

"You're watching me sleep at two forty-five in the morning. What is it, if it's not stalking?"

"Um..."

Katelyn sighed. "What do you need, Travis?"

Travis' eyes glistened. His blush intensified, and he pursed his eyebrows into a cute-ish glare. "I want to take you to the pond!"

Katelyn froze. The pond? "N-now?"

Travis nodded. "Come with me now."

"I-I—"

"S-shut up and take my hand!" Travis fixed his gaze on the ground and held his shaky hand out.

Katelyn's feet were moving by themselves. Hold on to your pride and don't go! But she wanted to. She wanted to be with the playboy more then she knew.

Travis's hand was warm as she intertwined her fingers with his.

He met her eyes, clearly surprised. "Y-you want to?"

Katelyn nodded slowly. She gave him a half-hearted smile.

His face broke into a grin. A smile stretching all the way across his face. He was positively ecstatic.

It was adorable.
««»»
Katelyn realized Travis never really let go of her hand.

The pond was very beautiful this early in the morning. The gentle ripples decorated the water's surface with a kind of delicate beauty. Then, Katelyn saw something she hadn't the last time they were at the pond.

It was a picnic setup, with fairy lights strung across the trees, and candles sitting on the food. The two trees had pinups of Katelyn and Travis together, all the happy memories—even a picture Kawaii~Chan had snapped of their kiss during the a-con.

Katelyn couldn't find her voice. "D-did you do this?"

He shoved his empty hand in his pocket. "Y-yeah. Do you like it?"

She let go of his hand, turned to face him, swallowing her pride. "It's the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me. Ever. Thank you, Travis Valcrum."

Travis smiled. "You're welcome."

The couple talked the morning away, the candles and lights burning for them. It was, possibly the happiest night Katelyn had ever had since Aphmau ditched them for Aaron.

Travis cracked one last joke before leaning in closer to her face.

Is he going to kiss me?

Maybe.

Katelyn's pride rose to the surface. She put her hand on Travis's face, pushing him away.

Travis turned red. "Katelyn?"

"Hold on." Katelyn took a breath and closed her eyes.

She grabbed Travis's green sweatshirt and pulled his lips on her's, as fast as lightning.

She felt Travis's surprise—obviously he'd thought she'd rejected him. But he eventually melted into the kiss.

Katelyn blushed as they broke apart. "S-sorry."

Travis smiled. "No problem. I'm glad we got to do one for real this time."

Haha, it's an update! I'm thinking of just ending it in a few chapters. Travlyn just happened, so, I mean...

Hope you're enjoying and thanks for reading!

xxx,
vylad