Turning of Time: Chapter 37

Completely a filler chapter, but I find it to be excessively hilarious, and hope you do the same. I will post the next chunin exams next chapter, so feel free to skip, if it is desired! ^-^

__Sara Pov__

I awoke early. It was the day after the test with Hitomi, and I had the entire day to do whatever I wanted. I had already planned what I wanted to do today, and it would be a very satisfying day for me. I dressed quickly, putting on a simple grey dress that accentuated my curves with a frill along the bottom and frilled tanktop straps, along with that I wore simple grey ballet flats. My ever present mask was a pale pink, so as to not look as odd.

I prepared breakfast quickly, knowing the kids would be awake any moment now. My assumption was correct as I heard the rustles and thuds of three bodies rising from their beds. Having checked earlier, I knew Kakashi was still asleep, which was perfect. I gave the kids a few minutes then went up to call them to breakfast.

After seeing the kids off to school, a malicious smile crept onto my face. Konoha would have a few strange things happening today. Why, you may ask?

Today I would be getting back at people, as I had promised them at the time.

_-_

My first target was Kakashi, which was why it was so perfect that he was still asleep in bed.

Moving quickly I snuck into his room and went to his desk. The orange book that would serve as perfect bait lay closed and set carelessly upon its surface. I slipped the book off of the desk and replaced it with a close imitation. The only difference was that it was only able to open to the center page which held the all important note, in code, detailing how to get the book back.

Knowing he wouldn't wake up until much later in the afternoon I left. Returning to my room I grabbed my bag and left for setting up my next prank.

_-_

The gates of Konoha stood open, but with the two guards nowhere in sight. I walked to the booth the two would ususally sit in and found them both asleep. They really take their duty seriously I see.

My mind flashed to the day that had spurred this revenge against Izumo and Kotetsu. They were always friendly and goofing off, but one day they went to far.

I had arrived early for a mission, and somehow my skill, or lack thereof, with cooking had gotten out. They were gently teasing me, and I reciprocated in kind. It just so happened that I made cookies that day and brought them along. When the fact was mentioned they hounded me for the opportunity to taste them. Eventually I gave in and relinquished one to each of the two man-children. They took a bite and pretended to die.

That in and of itself wasn't why I was getting revenge. More of the fact that when I went to help them get up they pulled me and I went straight behind them, off balance. I tripped over a stone, which in turn caused me to fall into a bush. Did it end there? No. Getting up from the bush, plucking leaves and twigs out of my hair, I was actually laughing. If it had ended there, no harm done, but then their childishness got the best of them and they pushed me back, I had awkwardly landed on my butt... in a bucket.

It had taken practically forever to get the bucket unstuck from my behind. All the while the two stood there just laughing at me. The embarrassment from the episode is what now led me to getting back at them.

They slept there in a lazy sitting position, perfect for this prank. I set the note of explanation in front of them, then hung the two buckets over their heads in the perfect position. I took out a gong, don't ask where it came from, and with as much force as possible hit it. The sound shocked the two awake and they stood up, right into the buckets where their heads got stuck.