Light, Stalker, Hijacker,and Me

The bus took off and everything was quiet. The man who followed Light was seated behind him. Light was talking with the girl and didn't seem to notice me. I figured he was probably putting an act to look normal. There could be no other reason,right?
The bus continued to rumble along and I was getting quite bored watching the people on the bus. Although I was used to being on my own, experiences like this didnt unnerve me. Still it was quite  different from my normal daily experiences. 
Suddenly a man stood up and starting yelling at the bus driver. It was a hijacking. 
"Get down all of you. I have a gun and won't hesitate to shoot!"
I sighed and pulled my pocketknife out. I was used to getting into rough situations and I was more than able to defend myself. 
I looked over at Light and he shook his head slightly at me. Then he turned back and continued talking with his stalker. I couldn't hear what they were talking about but I could tell that Light had planned this somehow. Although how he could have possibly known about the hijacking is beyond me. 
I heard a noise behind me. I turned and the hijacker was clutching at his chest. He fell over and I knew what was happening but I didn't know how. I grinned lightly to myself. The Death Note must have been more powerful than I thought. But why was I grinning? Why does the thought of controlling when,where, and how people die so appealing? This was proof. This power was natural. It was right. I could tell that I was changing and I knew it wasn't for the better. But I was having too much fun to stop myself. I was on the road to mental ruin but I didn't care. But I did care. But in the end caring only does so much. I'd regained control of myself now but something was different. I no longer felt bad about those people I killed. In fact, I was indifferent. It wasn't anything but a job to me now. A job that I take seriously from now on.