Stalking the Stalker

Who could be following Light?It has to be someone from the police or a detective. But why do they suspect Light? The only connection I can think of is that is father is a police chief. But other than that, I don't know. It's not like anyone has seen him writing in the Death Note or doing anything suspicious. He only uses the notebook outside of school. 
Whatever. I'll figure it out later. If I stay out any longer I'll be late for school. 
I arrive at school at the last minute before the late-to-school bell rings. I'm heading to my locker when I see the shadow again by the school gates. It looks like a man. I take a picture of him and head off to class. 
As I walk to class I wonder if I am suspected as well. After all, I have been spending a lot of time with Light lately. Probably not though considering they would have wanted to know where I was going this morning when I separated from Light if they suspected me. I arrive at my class and take my seat beside Light. 
~Time Skip~
After class I leave the classroom alone wanting to watch Light from afar to see if his shadow was still there. The picture I took earlier was blurry and I wanted to get a closer look at him anyway. 
Then I noticed he was with someone. It was a girl. She was pretty but what did she have to do with Light. I snapped out of my thoughts to see Light and the girl getting on the bus. The man I saw shadowing him followed them on. So I went on after them. Maybe we could finally shed some light on what was going on.