A Confession

At first I decided I was going to act like I didn't know he meant the Death Note when he said notebook but I scrapped that idea rather quickly. Even though I never really went to class,I always went in after to get my work, so I was right up there with Light at the top of the class. He would never believe that I wouldn't get his hidden meaning behind what he said. 

After I arrived at his house, I was greeted this time by Sayu. 
"Light, your girlfriend's here." Sayu teased Light. 
I laughed. "Me... Light's girlfriend. In his dreams maybe." 

I didn't see it but Light's facade broke for a second in disappointment. By the time I looked at him, his face was normal again. 

I dragged Light upstairs. "Light I have to tell you something." 

"Yes, Ashton?" Light seemed a bit eager to hear whatever I had to say. Honestly I think he expected a confession to come out of mouth. 

"I don't think I can do this anymore. I don't think I can keep killing people. "

Light was shocked. That was definitely not what he expected me to say.

"You can't quit now. Don't you see that what we are doing is helping." Light says this with passion trying to draw me back over the line. 

"I know but I'm killing people. It's a heavy task. I dont think I can risk my mental health any longer Light."

This is where the story branches off into the two routes. I will write Light's route first and then L's once Light's is done?