Chapter 12

Axton POV

I push myself harder as I go deeper into the forest that covered my territory. After checking to make sure both Ellie and Zea were still in the house, my wolf pushed me to go for a run and I agreed immediately with him.

I needed to clear my head and think over the information that had been presented to me. I keep running that day seven years ago in my head, trying to come up with just one name. Any enemies I had back then that would go after my mate in this way, but I keep coming up empty.

I had just started to take over the Alpha title from my father at the time. My father had made many enemies as all alphas do, but I hadn't made any as of yet. I can't think of any rogues or packs that would go after Ellie's and my bond this way. Most enemies will attack head on, not fight in the shadows.

Well, we need to think of someone, Knox growls, We need somewhere to start and I need someone to kill for this.

I'm trying, but I don't know who would want our mate bond destroyed.

My conversation with my wolf quiets as we hear rustling in the bush near us. I let out a growl as I lower myself, preparing to attack.

Relax Alpha. It is just me, a copper brown wolf exits the trees and enters the clearing with me.

Walker, what are you doing out here? I ask him.

He puts his snout up, What do you think? Ellie is back and thinks you rejected her. I figured you could use a friend.

How did you know where I was? I ask him.

I've known you for years, Axton. This is always where you come to clear your head, I shake my head as a smirk crosses his face. He knows me too well, So, is she yours?

I look at him for a second before answering, I don't know.

Well did you ask her? Walker says in a matter-of-fact tone.

Of course, I asked her, I scoff, She said I didn't believe her before, why would I now.

That's not exactly an answer, he says.

No kidding.

That's actually not the question that needs answering though, he says.

Which one? I ask him. I don't know which question needed an answer. There has been so many swarming in my head since Ellie arrived that I can't even list all the questions I need answers to at this moment.

If Zea is your daughter, what are you going to do about it? He questions.

What?

You have been thrown for a loop by first losing your mate and then her reappearing only to have a perfect little girl calling her mom with her. You've always wanted kids, Axton, and now you all suddenly have a six year old daughter. So, what are you going to do about it? He asks again.

I hadn't really thought about it to be honest.

What is there to think about? Knox questions in my head, She is our pup!

Ellie and Zea are everything I have ever wanted. The family I always wanted. I have to find a way to make them stay.

Now that's the answer I wanted to hear, he says, causing both of us to give wolfish laughs.