one, welcome to seattle

══〖〗══

✲══〖✰〗══✲

⋆★⋆

October 24, 2006 . . .

ANNA ARDEN WOULD say she enjoys change.

Why?

It got boring living a repetitive lifestyle, always knowing what the day's going to bring before its even begun. Maybe that's why she chose to move away from the busyness of New York City, and to uncharted territory across the country. She had never left the east coast, so when she got the call about a job opening in Seattle, she practically jumped on the offer. Without a second thought, she sold her small house in the city and rented an apartment on the Seattle waterfront, not knowing if she would even receive an interview or not. . . .

. . . Luckily she did, and that's how she found herself in Seattle Grace Hospital, face to face with the unenthused lady that sat at the reception desk.

"Can I help you?" The lady didn't bother to look up from her computer monitor, but Anna still kept her smile, "Yes, actually. I'm here to talk with Chief Webber."

The lady finally glanced up at her, her eyes furrowing from behind her glasses, "So? What do you need me to do?"

"Well, I was wondering if you could tell me where his office was? I've never been here before, and I'm not sure if you know, but this hospital is pretty large." And the receptionist groaned dramatically, "There's a directory on the first floor, sweetheart."

Anna hardened her glare, "Ma'am, all I'm asking is if you could please tell me which floor I could find the Chief's office on. I'm not asking you to preform an open heart surgery. This is a simple, and polite, ask."

The lady exhaled sharply, but reached to the side to pull out a neon green sticky note. She scribbled onto it before shoving it into Anna's hand, "Here."

The surgeon rolled her eyes as she walked away from the front desk, glad to have finally ended her interaction with the lady. Anna walked towards the elevator, glancing down at the sticky note to find which floor she had to go to. However, instead of a number, there were only a bunch of black scribbles. She looked back over to the receptionist, but she had her head buried in the computer screen again.

She could've easily gone back to the reception desk and asked another lady, but decided it wouldn't be worth it. So, she crumpled up the sticky note and shoved it into her pocket. With hope, she entered the elevator and pressed the button for the second floor.

She had to start somewhere, and it was pretty obvious that the Chief's office wasn't on the first floor.

As the doors to the elevator opened, Anna came into contact with a hard chest. She quickly apologized, without catching a glimpse of their face, and continued onto the floor. Anna looked around, hoping to see something that resembled an office. At first it was all but patient rooms and nurses stations, until she saw a large glass box next to the hospital's walkway . . . and inside the glass box looked to be a desk, a chair, and a man.