35

{A/N : so, uhm, guys. I go back to school on Monday. So I want to know exactly what you think about this story. What you like /don't like. Who is you fave, fave couple, and so on. So that I know if I have to continue it or not.
Also, I won't be able to update any other day than either Saturday or Sunday.
Peace out.}

Moe was shocked. 

Andressa and Cari dated back in the Houston Dash days. That was a fact. Everyone seemed to know that. For Moe, it changed everything. When Sam practically yelled it in the locker room after practice, Cari's face turned red. Moe just thought running away was the right thing to do, so here she was now, on the field, sitting on the grass. When she felt a presence, she immediately got up. 

The defender was slowly walking toward her, looking at her in a very shy was, nervously playing with her hands. Of course she knew Moe knew about her dating Andressa. But it ended four years ago, and they remained friends. Cari didn't even love her, and Andressa was straight, so there really was nothing but friendship between them. 

Cari stood in front of Moe, who was frowning. 

"Look, I wanna explain-" Cari started awkwardly, trying to keep it together. 

"Nah, I don't think you really have to, I mean-"

"Yes, I dated Andressa. Yes, I liked her. Yes, we broke up because either of us loved the other. Yes, I lied about all that. Yes, I was scared of your reaction, and no, nothing is happening ! And yes, I like you ! I understand it's complicated, and probably really bothering you, and yes, I understand if it's too much drama with the games coming up a-and stuff. Yes, we can pretend like this kiss never happened. Yes, I remember it and enjoyed it way too much. And no, I don't regret kissing you back." Cari blurted out. 

There was a very small silence. Everybody knew the defender wasn't the queen of speeches, but she succeeded in making Moe react. 

"God dammit, Cari" the middy chuckled, slowly shaking her head, and intensively looking in Cari's deep eyes. 

The defender just went on : "Yes, I suck."

"No, it's not that" Moe interfered, the words coming out of her mouth without her even thinking them first. She was the kind of person to analyze every sentence, reflecting on her thoughts and trying to talk like a clever person all the time. But with Cari, she just let it all out, and was speaking with her heart. "It's just..." She stared into the defender's eyes. It was like they were alone on Earth right now. "Why are you freaking adorable ?"

Cari, who expected something way different than this, made a surprised face. She then frowned, and asked : "Excuse me ?" 

"It's like I've been weighting the prose and cons" Moe quickly explained. "And I say to myself: do I really need this drama ? It's like high school. Should I risk my spot on the team ? Are you even gay ? All those questions have been running through my mind ever since camp started. You know, I find you quite annoying, and you're always freaking out about stuff..." When she saw Cari frown even more, she struggled to keep her straight face. "But then, as you keep rambling on I just feel... I don't know, I just think that you're so cute."

Moe just looked down for a second, while Cari was trying to fully knowledge what was going on here. 

"So..." she slowly said. "Is that why you got that red card for me ? To protect me ?" she asked, raising her eyebrow. 

"Yes." she let out, while Cari seemed even closer than she was before. Moe checked her out, and said : "You really need to stop doing that. That's driving me crazy." 

"Doing what ?" Cari innocently asked, truly confused. 

"Standing so close to me." 

"Oh, I didn't even notice..."

"And stop saying seductive things to me. It's like, you're using a special tone, and that makes me wanna jump on you." 

"A special tone ? I don't-"

"Yes, you do." Moe said, trying to pull it together. 

With that said, she just looked down at Cari's lips. They both know they couldn't kiss right now. It would be a distraction. Moe bit her lips.

"I will, like, uhm-well-" Cari started, but her attention got caught by the biting. Holy fuck, that's hot.  

"Y-yeah" Moe let out. "That's the best thing to do, I guess." 

"Totally." 

Cari started to turn around and walk away, but she stopped walking. She turned around and kissed Moe's cheeks, that immediately turned red, before going this time. Moe stood there for a moment, her fingers placed where Cari's lips landed moments ago. 

What was that, Brian ?

°

Jenko stepped on Mal's room. 

Since Moe wasn't there, they were alone. She carefully closed the door, as Mal was working on her math homework and didn't even look at her. The keeper wasn't really confident right now, because she rarely apologized. Only when someone died. So doing it today with a girl she felt strangely attracted to wasn't easy. 

She sighed. 

"I'm sorry" 

"Mmh-mmh ?" Mal let out. 

"For behaving like a bitch the other day" Jenko added, even though it really wasn't needed. 

Seeing that Mal still wasn't answering, she walked toward her desk and closed her book. The brunette immediately reacted, getting up and throwing her a death glare. 

"What the fuck ! I was about to get it !" she then snapped. 

The goalkeeper had her arms crossed against her chest. 

"I just apologized to you. Don't pretend you didn't wait for me to." she said with her usual confident tone. 

Mal frowned. 

"Why would I wait for you to apologize ? I don't give a damn about you and what you think and stuff." 

"That's not what you said the other day." Jenko coldly said. 

The slightly older girl just set her jaw. 

"I was trying to be nice. Don't think it's because I like you or something." 

Jenko didn't even wait for Mal to talk. 

She grabbed Mal's shoulders and wildly pulled her closer. Their lips met, and without the alcohol effect, the feelings were stronger. Jenko immediately deepened the kiss, wrapping her arms around Mal's hips, squeezing her butt. The dark-haired immediately responded with a small groan, before grabbing the keeper's hair. They kissed with passion, without even thinking about what they were doing. 

Once Mal realized what was really going on, she roughly pushed her away. Jenko's back crashed against the wall, while the forward was sending her mixed signs. She seemed very angry, but her eyes were till filled with passion and desire. 

"Get out." she yelled. 

Jenko, who was confident as always, winked at Mal, before closing the door behind her. Once she was on the doorway, she frowned. Why the fuck did I kiss her ? She then shook her head, before heading back on the field for an extra-training she scheduled with Saskia and Lena. But her thoughts weren't on the ball. 

She knew she was screwed. She had to be careful. Soccer is what matters. Not Mal. Try not to forget that