34

USA v BRA

Game day 1

Once the national anthems finished playing, the stadium erupted in cheers. Julie put her armband on, and they were ready to go. 

The game was immediately intense. Both team knew they were fighting for a spot, as France was already favorite to win the whole thing. The Brazilians were very quick, and sometimes aggressive in the right way. That probably was why they scored first, in the 21st minute. After that, the USA had struggle keeping possession. Julie was freaking out. Not the Olympics again, please. She tried to cheer her teammates up, but it didn't work. The Brazilians scored again in the 45th minute, in extra-time. 

During halftime, both Mark and Abby were trying to give the team strength. Once the speeches were over, there was like a brand new game. 'We believe'. That was what American fans on the crowd were singing. When did we stop believing ? Julie asked herself. They yelled the '1,2,3... TEAM' louder than usual, and ran back to their positions. 

Only two minutes onto the second half, Lindsey dispossessed a defender and ran straight at the goal. She had a few options, with Mal running at her left, and Tobin standing on the midfield. After analyzing the situation, she decided to take the shot. The ball crushed on the back of the net, and soon the 25-year-old was over-melt with the atmosphere. Her teammates jumped on her, cheering loudly. This goal had unlocked something. They could do it. They could believe again !

They did well thorough the twenty minutes that followed the goal. Stephanie was subbed in for Sydney, who was tired. They played their hearts out, and suddenly a new opportunity came to them. Tobin gave Stephanie a long ball that she had to chase down. Nobody had seen someone run that fast since Hao. The fans were yelling on the stands, while Mal and Kealia were running on the eighteen. Stephanie kicked the ball, intending it to land on someone's head. But it didn't, and somehow went in. It was 2-1 for the United States in the 64th minute. Stephanie fell on the ground, as her teammates got excited 

Julie immediately yelled at them. 

"COME ON ! WE GOTTA WIN THIS SHIT !"

The girls saw the frustrated Brazilian getting ready to fight back. 

That was when it happened. The Brazilian attacker had the ball, and was unmarked since Kelley lost her footage and fell in front of her. Cari was the first one to arrive on their defensive mid, and tried to get on the way. The Brazilian suddenly changed her direction and ran straight at Cari. She bumped into her, both cleats toward her because she wanted to keep the ball alive. The cleats landed against Cari's stomach. The brunette screamed out of pain, practically folded in pain, beating the ground with her hand. 

One the side line, while Julie and Sonnett were running to check on her, the girls were yelling at the Brazilian player : this was a red card. Moe was the most angry of them all. She stepped on the field - which was totally forbidden - and walked straight at the Brazilian. 

She then pushed her a little bit, as she was trying to see how Cari was. 

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU BITCH !" the middy yelled, and the whole bench heard her. 

Hopefully, Allie grabbed both of Moe's arms before she was able to sucker punch the girl. The blonde struggled to keep her in place, as the referee was showing a red card to Moe as well, which meant she couldn't play next game. 

Allie tried to stop her. 

"Enough" she ordered, before feeling Moe's body tensing up as the Brazilian was giving her a bitchy look. "You don't wanna be ejected from the whole tournament, right ? Give it a rest." 

Moe listened to Allie's wise words. She then quickly glared at Cari, who was with the medical help, before running back on the bench. The other players were giving her a confused look, as Mark seemed furious. But since she wasn't ready to either heard Mark's speech, nor seeing Cari in such a pain, she decided to go to the locker room. 

Once Cari was escorted on the side line, and that they subbed Maura in, the game resumed with a player out. The tension was here until the 87th minute, right before stoppage time. Kealia received that beautiful pass from Allie, and buried it on the back of the net. The team was back on track. 

When the final whistle blew, everyone rushed on the same spot, creating a big group hug, as Andressa was making her way to Cari, who still was on the side line. Moe, who decided to be back to see them win, looked at her former teammate hugging Cari with attention. That funny feeling grew on her again, but she couldn't say anything. 

°

"Morgan, what happened ?"  

Mark had his arms crossed on his chest, while Abby was walking back and forth in front of her. The young girl didn't even know what to say. She just remained silent fora while, intensively looking at the ground. 

But she had to formulate an answer. 

"I was so mad that bitch-" she began, but immediately shut up. "I hate seeing my friends in pain." 

Mark frowned. 

"As much as I admire the friendship you give to your friends, I don't think that kind of reaction is worth a brilliant girl like you are. This need to be the first and only time it happens. I don't want you out of the team, Morgan." 

"It won't happen again." the youngster whispered. 

Abby softly smiled at her. 

"You'll have to stay on the bench for the game against France" Mark went on, his sad eyes on. "I wanted to make you start, because the team needed you. But you actions gave me no other choice than change the strategy. I hope for you that it won't affect the team." Moe felt her throat being sore. "You are free to go. I see you tomorrow at training." 

Moe silently got up and went out of the room. 

Those feelings I have for her are  driving me crazy