28

Cari came into the dining room, and her jaw immediately dropped. 

Sitting on a table with a guy from around their age was Moe. She was laughing to something the dude just said. He was pretty muscular, and had piercing green eyes. In other words : totally Moe's style of men. Feeling her heart beating faster and the disappointment in her stomach, she went to sit with Lindsey, who was alone since her and Sonnett didn't talk to each other anymore. She sat down, and the brunette just smiled at her before going back to writing her text. Cari's eyes couldn't help but stare in Moe's direction. As much as the middy usually returned her look with a smile, this time around, Moe didn't even look at her. She was focused on the guy. 

Cari frowned. 

"Who's that guy ?" she asked, trying to be natural. 

Lindsey looked at her, raising her eyebrow. 

Of course she could talk to her about her crush on Moe, but Cari was too afraid that her best friend, her 'Frick' wouldn't approve this and not talk to either of them again. Or just her. So she just didn't say anything. 

"John" she muttered, before focusing back on her text. 

John ? That's an ugly name. I hate it. Cari sighed. In fact it's a cool name. Why am I being so mad right now ? And why am I getting up ? Wait, stop walking ! You don't need to go talk to them ! Just go back to-

"Hey." 

The word escaped Cari's mouth before her wanting it to. Moe jumped a little bit, as John was looking at her, frowning. She spotted some vacation guides on the table. What, they're already going on a vacation ? Are they an actual thing already ? Who goes on holiday with their fuckboy anyway ? Cari tried to remain calm, as she saw Moe avoiding her gaze. Instead of her responding, the guy was the one talking :

"Hello !" he said in a cute Australian accent. "I'm John. And you must be Cari". 

"Yah" Cari exclaimed. "How do you know that ?" 

John smirked. "Moe can't stop talking about you. It's 'Cari this', 'Cari that'... So I just assumed it was you." he explained, as Moe's face was turning red. 

She finally lifted her head and put her arm on John's forearm. This gesture caused Cari to feel sick all of a sudden.

"Oh, John, stop being such an exaggerator" Moe said in a seductive voice, as she insisted on the boy's name. She then looked at Cari. "Excuse him, he's such a joker." Cari shook her head. Moe still wasn't removing her hand from John's arm. Moe frowned, looking at her friend like if she was an alien. "Do you need something ?" 

Cari shook her head again. 

"Nope." 

She then turned around and went back to Lindsey's spot, turning her back on the two people behind her. She buried her face on her hands. Me who thought we had something going on... Why am I so naive ? She really felt like shit. She felt stupid, betrayed... And mostly heartbroken. But she didn't even know why Moe had this effect on her. 

Lindsey, who saw how bad her friend was feeling right now, took her hand on her own, and smiled. 

"John's gay" she whispered, a confident smile on. 

Cari frowned. "What ? But they seem-"

"I think she wants to make you jealous" Lindsey explained, as Cari's heart was dropping. Making me jealous ? Holy cow, does Lindsey know about my crush ? But, like, why the fuck would she want to make me jealous ? Before the defender could respond, Lindsey immediately went on, smiling : "I told her it was stupid to make you jealous. I bet she just wanted to test your friendship or something." 

Hallelujah she doesn't know. But is she really trying to make me jealous because of her and John's friendship, or more...? Cari just shook her head. She knew she couldn't think like that anymore. Maybe Moe just wanted to be friends. And that kiss they shared the other night, and the night Moe spent by her side, didn't mean anything for her. 

Cari was confused once again. 

°   

Kristie nervously stood on the doorway. 

She was holding her phone in her hands, while Stephanie was getting ready in their room. Her parents were coming in less than ten minutes, and for once she was about to do something she was beyond scared of. But she also knew it was the only way possible, because she loved Stephanie too much to just keep on hiding their love story to the people that raised her. So she just took several deep breathes. 

For the special occasion, Stephanie was wearing a nice dress, and put some make up on. They both had black and white dresses, and laughed when she got out of the room and they discovered it. 

Kristie suddenly felt emotional. She rushed onto Stephanie's arms and buried her face on the girl's neck. 

"I love you no matter what" she whispered, trying to hide her tears. "If I have to choose between you and my family, my choice is already made." 

"Kristie, you don't need to-"

"OF COURSE I NEED TO !" Kristie yelled, totally out of breath. "You're my girlfriend for God's sake, and the most valuable person in my life, along with Sam ! I don't give a shit about breaking things off with my parents, as long as I have you !"

The brunette just stopped breathing for a second. 

"Your girlfriend ?" she asked, looking at Kristie in the eyes. "Kristie, are you sure you're ready for that ?"

"Of course I am !" Kristie said. 

She then took Steph's face between her hands and kissed her with passion. Once they ran out of breath, they just stopped and looked into each other's eyes. 

"Now let's go, otherwise my parents will kill us" she whispered.