Chapter 21 ~ Prom Night

It's time for Prom! Woohoo! * Night To Remember from High School Musical 3 plays* Don't judge me. It's my jam *dances awkwardly*!
Enjoy!
------------------------------------------------------

Ryley carried a large pile of VOTE RYLEY BERRY FOR PROM QUEEN posters down the hallway. She had be nominated for Prom Queen and she couldn't be more excited. She was running with Ryder, who was being a bit slack on his Prom King campaign so under her other arm that wasn't carrying the posters were VOTE RYDER LYNN FOR PROM KING posters.
She was clearly excited for this who campaign and prom. A part of her was doing this because this was the last and only time her and Ryder would be able to run for Prom Queen and King together. She wanted this. She needed this.
As she put posters up on the walls, she listened to her iPhone with her earphones in. She was listening to Diana by One Direction and humming along. She was also smiling at her posters that looked amazing (thank you, Photoshop).
On her mind though while this was happening wasn't what she was going to wear to prom or what she was going to sing at prom; she was thinking about her conversation last week with Lucas on Facebook. He clearly likes her from the messages he sent but she just doesn't know how she feels.
"Hey babe." Ryder says, walking up to her as she finishes putting all the posters up in one of the hallways.
"Hey Ryd," Ryley says then gestures to the posters, "You like?"
"You really went hard out, Rye." Ryder says.
"Well, I just really want to win Prom Queen and you can be my King." Ryley says with a smile.
"I already am Prom King though from last years Prom." Ryder says.
"But I want for us to be prom court together before you finish high school and go off to the army." Ryley says.
Ryder sighs, "I get that you want us to be king and queen together but do you have to go so crazy about?"
"Yes." Ryley says then storms off in a similar way to how her sister would down the hallway.
Finn walks up to Ryder, seeing the younger Berry storming off like the older Berry.
"That is a signature Berry storm off right there, man." Finn tells Ryder.
"But Ryley isn't even blood related to Rachel." Ryder says.
"Well, Rachel has rubbed off on Ryley quite a bit," Finn says then spots the posters on the walls, "This is called a 'Berry Gone Cray-Cray' moment. They'll go crazy over one specific thing and be dead set on winning."
"Is Rachel like that?" Ryder asks.
"Very." Finn says.
Ryder nods and Finn walks away after patting Ryder's back.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"This years theme is just a normal prom. Nothing specific. It just has to be fun and full of amazing songs, provided by you guys hopefully." Kitty says to the club during Glee Club that afternoon.
"We need fun and amazing songs then guys." Finn says.
"What about Little Black Dress by One Direction?" Jake asks then receives some questioning looks from some of the boys, "I like One Direction. Their album, Midnight Memories, is a kind of rock-ish album."
"That is a good choice, Jake. You, Ryder and Gabe can sing that." Finn says, writing down the idea on a notebook.
"Maybe Marley, Kitty and I could sing The Wire by Haim?" Angie asks.
"Another good idea." Finn says, writing it down.
The club begin to plan other sings to perform at prom while Ryley sits to side, keeping to herself a bit. She has a small list of solo slow songs she wants to perform but doesn't know if she should put her hand up to suggest them.
She puts up her hand slowly.
"Yes, Ryley?" Finn asks.
"Can I sing as a slow song solo Dark Paradise by Lana Del Rey?" Ryley asks.
Finn has a few seconds of thought, "Yes, you can."
Ryley smiles at him and he smiles back before writing it on the list.

-------------------------------------------------------

Prom Night comes quickly with a simple looking gym. It's looking good though. Ryley comes in wearing a blue dress that goes to her mid thighs with skinny straps. She has on black converses with it and she's looking good. Ryder's arm is linked with her arm and he's wearing a black suit with a tie. His hair's nicely done too.
"Ryder, dude, we have to perform." Jake says, rushing up to Ryder.
"Sorry Ryley, got to go." Ryder says, kissing Ryley's cheek. Ryley goes into the crowd and finds Angie and Marley dancing towards by the stage.
Jake, Ryder and Gabe are all on stage. Each have a microphone on a stand in a line. They go behind one each. The band begin to play and the crowd dance.

[Jake, Ryder & Gabe:]
Little black dress
Just walked into the room
Makin' heads turn
Can't stop looking at you
It's so right
It's so right
It's so right you know

Little black dress
Did you come here alone?
It's too late
It's too late
It's too late to go home

It's so right
It's so right
It's so right you know
It's so right
It's so right
It's so right you know

[Jake with Ryder & Gabe:]
I wanna see the way you move for me baby

[Jake, Ryder & Gabe:]
Little black dress
Who you doin' it for?
Little black dress
I can't take anymore
It's not right
It's not right
It's not right you know

Little black dress
What's your favourite song?
Little black dress
I won't do you no harm

It's so right
It's so right
It's so right you know
It's so right
It's so right
Cause I'll take you home

[Jake with Ryder & Gabe:]
I wanna see the way you move for me baby

One of the guitar guys has a solo on the guitar while Jake, Gabe and Ryder all jam out till they have to sing again.

[Jake, Ryder & Gabe:]
I wanna see the way you move for me baby