Chapter 16 ~ Kicking Ass At Regionals

I'm so happy at the amount of love this story gets. It makes me just feel so special. Like I've mentioned, before there is going to be a third one and it's probably going to be the last one of this series.

And with Regionals songs, I went with a completely different option for my third one after watching one of those 'Songs Glee Should Cover' videos on YouTube. Do you guys know a British singer named Passenger? If you don't, I'll introduce to him in this chapter :)

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------

Finn returned the Monday after Chuck music week. He had gone to New York for the weekend but he was back. They had a week to practice songs for Regionals and with the theme of British music, Finn was prepared.

"We're going to start with Jake singing Passenger's Let Her Go with him maybe playing guitar then we'll go into the girls singing Move by Little Mix and we'll finish with Story of My Life by One Direction sung by the guys with the girls for back up." Finn explains to the club on his first day back.

Everyone agrees with the choices. Finn tells them all to study the song sheets after he passes.

"Hey Rye, can I talk to you?" Finn asks.

"Yeah." Ryley says.

She gets out of her seat and goes and talks to Finn by the piano.

"Thank you for looking after the club while I was on my honeymoon with Rach," Finn says, "Anything bad happen?"

"Your welcome," Ryley says, "Well, Mr Schue placed a complaint on my first day saying I wasn't a good teacher and also complained about you. He ended up getting almost owned by Coach Sylvester. He then came into the choir room when I was in here alone and told me that since we weren't letting him coach us, he said that we should just give up because we'll never be as good as the New Directions when you were apart of the club."

Finn has a face of thinking and shock then shakes his head, "He's not getting this club back anytime soon since I basically made a deal with Rachel saying that I'm staying here until you graduate."

"Why're you waiting till I graduate?" Ryley asks.

"Rachel wants me to keep an eye on you," Finn says with a small smile, "Especially next year."

"So you've been married to my sister for a week and you're already whipped. Wow. But why next year?" Ryley asks.

"Because Ryder's going be gone and Rachel thinks that you're going to get all depressed and shit." Finn says.

"I'm not going to get depressed since I'll have my friends like Angie and Gabe and Natalie and the rest of the club." Ryley says.

"But what if Ryder gets into the army? What's going to happen then?" Finn asks.

"I'll hang onto that hope that he doesn't die and we'll be together again once he gets out of the army." Ryley says.

"What if he doesn't though? What if he doesn't come back?" Finn asks.

"You think he's going to die!?" Ryley asks, raising her voice. The club notice how sad and a bit angry she's beginning to look. Ryder does especially and goes to her side.

"What's going on?" Ryder asks.

"N-N-Nothing," Ryley says, "I should probably get to study the song sheets." She picks up a pile of the song sheets and goes and sits up the back.

"What're you guys talking about?" Ryder asks Finn once Ryley sat back down and the clubs returned to talking and studying the lyrics.

"I was giving her a bit of a reality check with the whole army thing you want to do," Finn says, "Did you get any letters back from UCLA or NYU or any of the other colleges you applied to?"