Chapter 20 ~ Bad Influences

This is a chapter I've been wanting to write since the first book. Honestly, I've just had so many ideas for songs for this theme.

I recommend that if you 'idolise' people like Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber, you do not carry on. I despise both of them (I like old Miley and some of Justin's music is okay).

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------

"This week, we're going to be tackling some songs by people you shouldn't really idolise. People like Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Chris Brown and many others." Finn explains, writing up BAD INFLUENCES on the whiteboard.

"Why?" Ryley asks.

"Because it will be fun. And I was thinking as an end of the week group number, we could sing We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus." Finn says.

"That song is horrible." Kitty complains.

"So no matter how bad they are, we can sing a song by them and nobody can complain?" Jake asks.

"Yes." Finn says.

"You're going to see Chris Brown, right?" Marley asks Jake.

"Maybe." Jake says.

"Everybody, you can begin planning now." Finn says.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Dude, dude, dude, dude..." Jake says, rushing up to Ryder in the hallway after Glee Club.

"What's up?" Ryder asks Jake.

"I have a plan for a song we should sing." Jake says.

"What is it?" Ryder asks.

"We are singing Next 2 You by Chris Brown and Justin Bieber. Two bad influences in one song." Jake explains.

"How is Justin Bieber a bad influence?" Ryder asks.

"Well, he had problems in South America, he pissed in a bucket, he apparently does drugs, he once featured on a song about girls wanting to suck his lolly and he is just rude." Jake explains.

Ryder sighs, "I'm in for this duet." He puts his fist out.

"Awesome." Jake bumps it.

Down the hallway at her lockers, Ryley is trying to figure a song out for what she's going to perform. She was thinking about singing a song by Rihanna. She's not exactly the best of influences (she does drugs and all, right?) so Ryley could tackle a Rihanna song....and no, she is not going to sing Birthday Cake. Maybe she'll sing What Now. That's a good song.

She feels strong arms wrap around her waist from behind, giving her a small fright then she relaxes and turns in the arms.

"Hi." Ryder says, keeping his arms around her. He kisses and it's a kiss that lasts a while but they part for air.

"Hi." Ryley says, grinning.

"Thought of any songs you're going to sing this week?" Ryder asks.

"What about I sing a Rihanna song? She's a good singer and all but she's not exactly the best of influences.

"You should." Ryder says.

"Are you going to sing anything?" Ryley asks.

"Jake and I are doing a duet of Next 2 You by Chris Brown and Justin Bieber." Ryder says.

"Isn't that a love song?"

"Yeah."

"You're going to sing it to me, aren't you?"