EPILOGUE

How can I say this without breaking?

"Quiet down, please," Dumbledore began, "Thank you all for another fantastic year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I'd like to congratulate all of the first years for settling in so nicely. You have an important part in this school, and that is something you should always pride yourselves on." He smiles softly, looking over at the soon-to-be second years with his twinkling blue bespectacled eyes. 

How can I say this without taking over?

"I would also like everyone to give a round of applause for all of our Head Students, for helping make all of the staff's jobs much easier," Cheers echo throughout the great hall, from all four houses. The loudest of them all was Gryffindor, who cheered for the power couple of their generation- Lily and James. 

How can I put it down into words?

Although, as Albus Dumbledore's speech went on, a particular Seventh Year boy notices the lack of a fellow Gryffindor. Everyone else soon caught on, as they looked around. "Now, I would like to invite a very.. special student, who arrived at our school in their third year, all the way to their seventh. Emma, would you please come out?"

When it's almost too much for my soul alone?

A average height girl swooped over to the podium, her graduation robes hanging on her curvaceous frame and her white hair was cascading over her shoulders. She wore a gentle smile, and as she cleared her throat, it faded.

I loved, and I loved, and I lost you.

"Hello everyone," Emma speaks, staring directly at her group of friends; the marauders. "As you all know, it is the end of a magnificent school year. The Seventh Years will go off into the world as adults, and all of you will head into another year here. Now, I'm gonna actually read what I wrote down, and then I have one more thing to say afterwards." 

I loved, and I loved, and I lost you..

Emma inhales, closes her colour changing eyes, and begins reading. "Its easy to feel hopeful on a beautiful day like this, but there will be dark days ahead of us too. There will be days where you feel all alone, and that's when hope is needed most. No matter how buried it gets, or how lost you feel, you must promise me that you will hold on, to hope. Keep it alive! We have to be greater than what we suffer. My wish for you, is to become hope.. People need that." She looks across the room, at the faces of those who might be killed or tortured in the future from Voldemort's wrath. A sudden rush of dread washes over her as she looks at Peter, along with a hint of anger. Emma quickly snaps back into reality, and continues on.

I loved and I loved, and I lost you!

 "And even if we fail, what better way is there to live?

"I know it feels like we're saying goodbye, but we will carry a piece of each other into everything that we do next, to remind us of who we are; and who we're meant to be. Thank you for a great five years, and I'll miss you all." 

And it hurts like hell.

The room erupts in a chorus of cheering, crying, and clapping. "But I must go, now." 

I don't want them to know the secrets..

Suddenly, the noise stops. No one says anything, and no one moves. "I must leave for an important task that was given to me by the Minister himself. I don't know when I'll be back."

I don't want them to know the way I loved you..

"... I do not know if I'll see any of you again, but I want you to know that you can do anything. Anything." 

I don't think they'd understand it, no..

"You are worth it, and you are capable of changing this world."

I don't think they'd accept me, no...

"Everything you do, impacts another in a way that I can't put into words. Your actions reflect on who you are, so please make the right decisions."

I loved and I loved and I lost you...

"No matter who you are, what you look like, what blood status or what you like, you are important. No one else is like you, and that's something you must keep in mind."

I loved and I loved and I lost you, I loved and I loved and I lost you...

"This is only a small part of your life, you've got so much more waiting for you out there. The world is a huge place, and you have every single right to explore it."

And it hurts like hell... yeah It hurts like hell...

"Please, don't hurt yourself. Don't hurt others. And Be you, for heavens sake! You are the best you ever!"

Dreams, fight with machines, inside my head like adversaries....

A tear splashes onto the parchment laying in front of Emma, smudging the ink a bit. Her heart was racing, and she was close to sobbing. She didn't want to just leave, she didn't want to leave her brother, Sirius, Lily, Zee or anyone else. Especially not Remus.

Come wrestle me free, clean from the war...

.....She couldn't leave the father of her unborn child.

Your heart fits like a key, into the lock on the wall...

Her not even noticeable baby. Remus' child.

I turn it over, I turn it over, but I can't escape..

"Hogwarts has been my home away from the ministry ever since I was 13, and it scares me that I will no longer be at school, as weird as that sounds. It distracts me and it makes me so happy. I met my best friends here, along with the love of my life. I got reunited with my twin brother, and I discovered who I really was."

I turn it over.. I turn it over....

Emma looks at the first years, who looked up at her with motivation burning in their eyes. "That's what will happen for you guys. It may seem like this is tough and nothing is going right, but its going to get so much better. You'll find your people, and you'll almost feel complete."

I loved and I loved and I lost you. 

Emma pauses, breathing in. After about two minutes, she looks at Remus. "Remus, If you ever feel like I'm not with you, or that I'm not around, just whisper to the map 'Vespere', and it'll either tell you I'm alive, or it'll begin a conversation. Let's just say.. It's how our whisper goes, yeah? Stay strong, love. You'll be just fine."

I loved and I loved and I lost you, I loved and I loved and I lost you.....

"And for The Marauders, plus my future sister in law and my all time best friend, it'll be okay. I'll see you guys soon." Emma smiles sadly, before she turns away and looks at Dumbledore. Her old Headmaster offers his hand, letting Emma take it. Then, just like that, she disappeared in a wisp of white; leaving the room feeling almost.. cold. The Marauders, Lily and Zahara knew she was leaving, but that didn't stop them from crying, and Remus from feeling lost and hopelessly alone. It was quiet, and Emma was gone. No one liked it. It wasn't meant to be like this

And it hurts like hell.

___________________________

THE END.

That's a wrap!

I'm sorry that the Epilogue probably isn't what you want, but I tried my best <3

Thank you!