Last Night's Report of the Museum

"...The higher the pedestal, the harder the fall. And Mystery Inc. fell far, in the embarrassing debacle that tarnished the once-great gang." Heather Jasper-Howe said on the TV the very next day, as the gang all watch the news report in shame and disbelief. As this happened, Braedey was sitting all alone in the garage, adjacent to the kitchen and the main room, and he listened to the broadcast that is happening outside the garage. "It was an utter disaster as the newest member of the gang, Braedey Martin, was seen here causing untold damage to Coolsville's hottest new tourist attraction, which took a full two years to complete. When asked for comment, Fred Jones, leader of Mystery Incorporated, had this to say..."

"Little old Coolsville can solve its problems without our little buddy any day." Fred said that night, which made Fred suddenly sit up in anger.

"I didn't say that!" Fred shouted, looking from the girls, then to Shaggy and Scooby, and back to the TV. "I mean, I did- that's out of context!"

"...this is Heather Jasper-Howe, disillusioned from Coolsville-" Velma then turned off the TV, already fed up with the report of her and her friends, along with Braedey.

"It's all my fault." Velma sighed. "I told Scooby and Shaggy to go get the ropes and Braedey."

"No, Velma. It's my fault." Daphne retorted. "I should've got Braedey out of the way before the Pterodactyl Ghost broke free."

"No, Daphne. It was my fault." Shaggy then told the redhead, and Daphne looked at him confused. "If I didn't bring Braedey along to the grand opening of the museum, he wouldn't have been in this mess."

"It's my fault, too." Fred said, standing up, and turning to his teammates. "We all know how Braedey can be, even after all this time." Braedey heard this, and sighed. "But it's alright. We just need to stay strong, and in control, and work fast."

"Come on, gang. Let's get to the lab." Velma said, as she, Daphne, Fred and Shaggy go to the lab. "We'll figure a way out of this Jurassic jumble."

But Scooby didn't follow Velma and the others to the lab. Instead, he went to the garage, and found Braedey, wearing a black shirt and black jeans, sitting up with his back against a black 1970 Dodge Charger R/T muscle car, sitting right next to a jet black Harley Davidson Fatboy motorcycle. "Rraedey?" He asked to the silent and alone teen.

"I'm a s-s-screwup." Braedey stuttered in a low voice, which made Scooby look in confusion, while sitting next to him. "It seems thinking back, ever since I joined up with you all, every time the gang had a plan, I end up being the d-d-damsel in distress at the end. I didn't realise it until now."

"Re neither, buddy." Scooby nodded to the golden brown haired boy.

"There has gotta be a way that I can show to the others, that I actually belong in the gang." Braedey sighed sadly to the Great Dane, who nodded to him. "I need to do something that I have never done before in my life." Then, an idea came up in Braedey's head, and he showed a little smile. "Scooby-Doo. I could act like a REAL detective!"

Scooby stopped, then laughed for a second at Braedey. "Really?" He asked, an eyebrow raised.

Braedey nodded immediately, then got up to his feet, and raised his right hand. "Scooby, raise your right paw." Scooby held up his left paw. "No, your right paw. Scooby, the other paw." Scooby realises his mistake and corrects it. "Now, repeat after me. From this day forward, I will no longer be the damsel in distress of the gang." Scooby repeats what Braedey said. "I will be an awesome and daring detective. And I will be more like Fred, Daphne, Velma and Shaggy. And I will be terrific, and fantastic, and spectacular, but in phrase of 'Auto-riffic', 'Beast-tastic', and 'Robo-tacular'."

"Reah, reah." Scooby nodded. "Robo-tacular."

~*~*~

"Okay! Time to solve a mystery! Let's kick this up to 11!" Braedey called, stepping into the lab with Scooby, but in a different attire. Braedey was in a denim blue shirt under a red vest, blue jeans, and a pair of Marty McFly NIKE white and red shoes, and Scooby was in one of Velma's sweaters.

"Reah!" Scooby nodded.

"What the heck are you guys doing?" Fred asked the two, trying not to laugh.

"Well, the first step in solving a mystery, is to wear the right attire." Braedey turned to Daphne. "Sorry, Daph. But, your go-go boots didn't fit..." Daphne raised an eyebrow, confused. "...me."

Scooby shows his legs, which had Daphne's purple go-go boots on them! Daphne was furious.

"Scooby!" Daphne snapped in disgust. "Those so don't go with that sweater."

"Really?" Scooby looked at the sweater in confusion. "Hmm..."

Just then, the computer beeped, and the printer out a page about the reptilian scale Velma found at the museum last night.

"Wait. It's come back positive. This is a real pterodactyl scale." Velma said in disbelief.

"But, that's impossible." Braedey said, as everyone looked at him. "For that to be real, the pterodactyl would've had to survive 65 million years of evolution to even end up here. That doesn't make sense."

"Braedey's right." Fred added. "The masked figure and his robot partner of his was out to humiliate us, and attack Braedey."

"Maybe it's someone we've unmasked." Daphne suggested, walking to the Mystery Inc. criminal files database computer with everyone.

"But, who would be able to create a real Pterodactyl Ghost, or even know Braedey?" Velma asked, as Daphne started to type down a name.

"The original Pterodactyl Ghost." Daphne replied, showing the profile of a mad professor...

" Daphne replied, showing the profile of a mad professor

"Dr. Jonathan Jacobo?" Braedey asked, confused.

"That's right!" Velma replied. "Jacobo wreaked havoc in a statewide crime spree. Jacobo stole millions, which he used to finance his failed experiments, trying to create monsters."

"Do you think Jacobo's behind this?" Fred asked, rather curious.

"Impossible." Velma then thought back for a second. "Three years ago, he attempted a prison escape. His body was lost at sea."

"How about this?" Daphne suggested. "Jacobo's cell mate was released from prison two months ago." The profile popped up. "Jeremiah Wickles."

"The Black Knight Ghost." Fred said grimly, as the picture of the Black Knight Ghost appeared next to Old Man Wickles's profile picture on the computer screen. "That was one of the costumes that was stolen last night."

"That, along with the 10,000 Volt Ghost." Shaggy added.

"Scooby-Doo, what is your conclusion for this sudden revelation to this current investigation?" Braedey asked the Great Dane, pointing to him, with a serious and a 'trying-to-sound-like-I-know-what-I'm-doing' voice, who had a notepad and a pencil the whole time since they came into the lab.

"Bunny!" Scooby then showed his picture of a bunny, and bounced the picture about with his hands. Braedey sighed to himself, and did a face-palm.

'This is gonna be a long mystery to solve.' Braedey thought to himself, as he pinched the bridge of his nose.