13. You Are My Little Emo Kid With Amazing Eyes

I stood back in shock as Vic raced into the room. He ripped Mike off Justin with the help of some other guy. Justin sprawled on the floor, his face bruised and lips bloodied. The two guys struggled to restrain Mike who was trying to get himself away from them, his menacing eyes locked on Justin's.

"You little fucker!" Mike spat, trying to edge himself towards the other boy.

A teacher that I didn't recognise pushed past me and into the room. "Shit," he murmered as he noticed the body on the ground. The teacher was much stronger and quickly dragged a cursing Mike out of the room. 

"Get Justin help," Vic told me as he followed the teacher and his brother.

I scrambled into the room, anxiety taking ahold of me. Was Justin going to be okay? The way he didn't flinch scared me and I looked at the other guy in the room for help.

"Let's get him down to the office." he suggested and we both carried him down. 

"Justin, can you hear me?" I asked him softly as we sat him down in the first aid room. The other guy was informing the nurse of what happened and I could hear her calling an ambulance.

The poor boy didn't reply. He looked up at me, his red eyes full of sadness and pain. I could see a gash in his head that might need stitches. "You're going to be fine, I promise. An ambulane is coming for you." I told him reassuringly and he softly closed his eyes in response. 

-

Saturday was spent with me worrying about what happened. Word spread quickly across school and some strangers even came up to me to ask what happened. Everyone assumed that Justin and Mike were friends so they were shocked to hear the news. I was so anxious to hear how Justin was and I wondered why he went home from the party last night. I wanted to see Vic but I assumed that he was with his brother the whole day.

"I'm not surprised." Patrick remarked as I told him what happened. It was a nice day today so we were sitting outside on the grass. I talked to Pat as he studied for his maths exam.

"What do you mean?"

He looked up at me and pushed his glasses up. "He's like a ticking time bomb, he was bound to snap sometime."

I shrugged. "I knew he was hostile and stuff but he didn't think he had what it takes to cripple a kid."

"Kellin. He's a crack head, he hangs out with bad people and he's never in school. Plus, he acts as if he wants to murder everyone." Patrick told me.

"He takes drugs?" I gasped.

Patrick gave me a look of disbelief. "Oh Kellin. I'm pretty sure half the whole school knows that."

"But I didn't know that."

"Cause you don't lurk in the shadows like me and overhear gossip." he said.

I laughed and said, "Gosh Pat, you're quite the creep." He looked up at me and was about to reply when a shadow of some girl appeared behind me. I turned to see that it was Tay Jardine.

She scowled at Patrick and then grabbed my and and lifted me up with her surprising strenghth. "What?" I grumbled as I stumbled alongside her, sending a sorry look to Patrick.

"We need to talk Kellin." she replied as she dragged me to a nearby table.

"But I don't want to talk to you." I replied.

She ignored me and said, "So last night, I told Tony and Jaime about our little set up."

"Well it's not really a set up, I never really agreed to this-"