"I do not mind, for I missed you too," Tristan said, still smiling at her. Rose felt like her head was in a cloud as he said the words - they were too perfect. Tristan gestured to the table and they both sat down.

"Where have you been? I never saw you, not even from a distance."

"I was in a scouting group with some of my Knights. We received warning of a possible threat in the forest - a group of bandits or rebels of some kind forming. We searched but could not find any sign of them. It is probably nothing, though, no need for concern," Tristan said hurriedly at seeing her anxious face.

"I am glad you are home safe now."

"Thank you. I was surprised, though, to see you abusing your head so," Tristan spoke, gesturing to the table, his eyes lit up with humour. "What were you trying to do?"

"Er... nothing," Rose answered, blushing, hoping Tristan would not figure out her reasoning.

"I think you have a bruise forming," Tristan chuckled. Rose covered her forehead with her hand sheepishly. Tristan reached up and removed her hand, holding it gently in his own. Rose looked at her hand resting in his. His skin was a little darker than her own. His hand and fingers were larger than hers. On one finger was a ring with the royal seal engraved onto it. Rose raised her other hand and lightly ran her finger along the ring. It was made of a blue gem that looked delicate and priceless. It was beautiful.

"Your ring is very lovely," Rose commented, surprised she had not noticed it before. Tristan squeezed her hand, causing her to look up at him. He was sitting close, one leg on either side of the bench so he could face her. He looked at her so attentively that she wanted to sigh.

"Will you not share what is on your mind?" He asked gently.

"How do you know there is something on my mind?" She challenged.

"People do not usually knock their heads against hard structures unless something is bothering them," Tristan responded. He was smiling in a teasing manner, but Rose saw real concern flash across his eyes.

"You do not need to worry about me, Tristan," Rose told him quietly. Tristan let go of her hand for a moment only to weave the tips of his fingers through her own. Rose knew she should remove her hand but she did not want to, she wanted to stay with him.

"But I do worry about you."

"You should not."

"But I do," he insisted. Rose giggled at his stubbornness.

"There is nothing to worry about. I am well, I am safe, and I am happy." Tristan hummed to himself in response as he looked down at their hands. He looked up after a moment.

"I should go. I have not reported to my father yet and he will grow angry if I tarry much longer," he explained.

"You should have seen him earlier; I do not want you to be reprimanded because you came to see me," Rose responded with a smile.

"I wanted to see you," Tristan confessed, his face showing no guilt.

"I am glad, I wanted to see you too," she admitted, blushing a little.

They stood up and Tristan raised her hand to his lips. He kissed it gently. Rose anxiously looked around but saw no one near them.

"Farewell, Rose," he murmured as he released her hand. "I do not know when I will see you again, but hopefully soon."

Rose nodded. "Okay. Be safe."

"Of course," Tristan agreed. He pulled her head to his shoulder and gave her the briefest hug. Rose took her chance and breathed in his scent one last time. Tristan smiled at her and released her from the hug. He waved as he reluctantly began backing away from her.