Chapter 30: We--he,er...him...I-I, you know?

Start from the beginning

"I will take that into serious consideration." She beamed.

As Charlie rattled happily about how she will spend her days of freedom, I noticed that almost all of Adam's associates were gone and he was walking towards our table with Kimberly smiling at me like cheshire cat in his arms.

"----I will do squba-diving and see fishes around me. I will kiss one too because you never know, it might turn into a handsome prince. Hey, but that was a toad was it? Will a fish do? I hope so 'cause I am doing it. Wait! What if I die of poisoning from the fish saliva? Does fishes even have saliva? Of course, it does! It's just that I am underwater, so it is basically water everywhere and the saliva gets like dissolved in the water.....right?" Charlie asked me with a frown as Adam came to a stop next to our table.

"Uh...I don't know?" I offered as the mere presence of Adam put me out of my ability to think properly.

"You must know! You are a biologist, aren't ye?" She slurred with a hint of scottish accent. Where exactly is this girl from? Charlie titlted her head 90 degrees and stared at Adam who was towering over her. "And who the bloody hell are you?" She slurred to Adam and then happened to notice Kimberly. "And you?" She hiccuped at Kimberly.

"I am Adam Lexwood. And you are Charlotte Evangline Harper, if I am right? Step-daughter of Gabriel Greyson?" Adam asked in the smooth yet cold business tone he is famous for.

"Aye, mate. That would be just about right." She flashed a lopsided smile. Charlie's gaze landed on Kimberly who introduced herself politely. She clicked her tongue.

"I like your breasts. Perky." Charlie smiled at her own compliment when Kimberly grimanced.

"Er, thanks?" Kimblerly replied, unsurely. Adam let out a boisterous laugh and I saw Kimberly subly pinching Adam's arms in mortification. I chuckled at this. 

"So, I will be off now, folks. Have a wonderful evening." 

Charlie wished us and waddled away towards the exit where a man of about 50 tood waiting in powerful dressing. When Charlie came to a stop infront of him, he scrowled at her darkly and muttered something at her. She hung her head as she followed him out of the doors. That must be Gabriel Greyson, her step-father. For a spilt second, I was reminded of my own father and my face fell.

My six months exhausts in a few days.

Turning around, I was met with Adam who was standing there smiling at me with Kimberly nowhere in sight. His smile was so intoxicating that I felt myself smile at him.

"Ready to go home?" He pulled out his Ferrari's keys from his pocket with a grin.

*

"So...you promised the British Heiress Charlotte Harper freedom?" 

Adam asked as he glanced at my direction before turning his attention back on the road. One of his had gently grasped mine, reminding me the drastic change that happened this evening. Though we became an official couple, things were smooth between us. That was something I loved and had never experienced before. With Vicky, things were all so awkward and we were never friends. We became a couple even before we were able to establish an easy-going relationship. After Adam, I changed my views drastically.

"Yes and I am just going to do that. In many ways, I feel like Charlie and I share similar upbringing. Our situation is so similar that I think it is only fair that I help someone who is trapped like I was. Trapped in her own home." I replied. Adam hummed in reply and squeezed my hand slightly in reassurance. But that made me happy more than he can ever imagine. 

Once mine and Zoey's apartment came into view, Adam smoothly slid his car into a parking slot before killing his engine. Then he turned towards me, with an easy smile at me. To be entirely honest, my stomach did a flip-flop at that. I think I was falling in love with everything this man had to offer me, every bit of him.