Chapter 1 ; Her past (part 1)

Atsuko's P.O.V

I was betrayed, basically. I was living a normal, happy life, until a Priest from out of the  village came passing by. I was training on my combat with my sensei when I met him. His name was Ik-Su. He asked my sensei if he could only shelter at his inn for the night; so sensei let him.

Big mistake.

Ik-Su; with his clumsiness, had accidentally stumbled all over myne and sensei's food supply, trying to look for his room ??? Yeah, idk either. Anyway, I rushed out to see what the noise was. When he saw me, he cried, while bowing down to me. He then told me, "Oh great one, Dragon lord, I am so happy to be in your presence." At the time I just thought heer was delusional, and shrugged it off. I helped him up and lead him to his room.

The next day, he was leaving us. He said he had to continue on his journey of finding treasures for his friend Yuun. Now at this, I was devistated; for I had grown close to him, while I helped him that previous night. We told each other stories and shared jokes, just like a real family. But he was leaving. I waved him goodbye; he yelled out " I hope to see you again, Dragon Lord" and waved back. I was still confused at this statement, but continued on anyway.

A couple of weeks later, I started noticing something strange. I could start to zoom in and out with my sight and focus for my eyes, and my body became a lot stronger than it should be. As a 9 year old girl, I had the strength of 5 fully grown men. My sensei became very proud of me, and the progress I was having. However, just a few days after, I started to notice, everytime I wave a hand over something; whether it would be water, an open flame, on just random ground, the element would slightly move in the direction I had waved in. My sensei started to notice. So did my Mother and close friend Satsuki.

One day during training, I was attacking sensei as instructed, he dodged my swing of the sword, but only just. I had swung to hard, sliced his check, and straight up cut right through the tree behind him. Sensei; with wide eyes, touched him check, then turned to see the fallen tree.

"I had a feeling what Ik-Su was saying is true." He spoke (Words of wisdom) "The fact that you are the Dragon Lord really is incredable!"He said with a closed eyed smile. He then explain what he meant.

"The dragon lord is the ruler of he heavens. Nobody would dare deny him, for he was too powerful. One the red dragon, one of his beloved children asked to become a mortal; be human. The son's goal was to bring peace to the human's. The dragon lord cried at his request, for then he would have to watch his soon to be mortal son die when the time came, but he agreed with his son, and sent him to the mortal realm.

"However, when he did, he had a vision. His son's reincarnation would need great assistance to help create peace once again. So, when the time were to come, he would give birth to a mortal child version of him. This version of him would be his other half. The soul purpose of this mortal was to help his red dragon's journey of peace."

I was sincerely shocked at this. Such responsibility was too much to handle. Way too much. I started to cry and I ran off to the top of a near by cliff. Sensei decided I need time to calm down, so he left me be. But what he didn't know, was that my Mother who was picking me up from training, and Satsuki who was with my mother, were listening in fear.