C.7~ Pretend We're In A Movie

"That's great!" I eventually forced out. Norah was still grinning, but Xavier didn't seem to be all that happy about the girl hanging off his arm, but more irritable than anything.

"I'll just go get those notes and then I'll be out of your hair!" Norah said in a quick breath before slipping past me and darting into the kitchen for my backpack. I stood still, staring at Xavier out of the corner of my eye. I felt a twinge of sadness in my chest.

I don't know why I felt even a little bad for him, he knew exactly how Norah was, and this was what he wanted. To be with her. I just felt relieved that I didn't have to go through with the entire plan I had made up in my head, the one that would have resulted in embarrassing Xavier in front of a few of his buddies. That would have made me a horrible person, worse than anyone I'd ever met.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She brushed by me, kissed Xavier, then disappeared into the darkness.

I moved to the right once her figure disappeared, gesturing for Xavier to come in. He nodded slowly, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"I'm happy for you guys." I tried to make small talk, shutting the door behind him. He caught me off guard by laughing.

"Why? We all know how this is going to end, sweetheart." He said, making his way over to Lily in her swing. I stared at the back of his head for a second, trying to take in what he was implying.

"Maybe you guys will realize you really do have feelings for each other," I replied with a shrug, "You never know." 

He snickered but didn't say anything.

After a second he knelt down in front of Lily, the back of his blue flannel facing me.

"Don't pick her up!" I warned, darting over to him. He sent me a confused glance over his shoulder.

"Why?"

"She's been moody all night. Every time I pick her up she starts crying." I explained, rubbing my forehead. He laughed and did the very opposite. I gasped at the back of his head when she did nothing but rest her head against his chest.

"Seriously?" I finally whispered, a little irritated.

I had been trying to get her to calm down, get her to sleep all night, and all she had done was cry until I put her back in the swing. But the moment that Xavier picks her up she stop crying? Does he have magical powers or something?

"She loves me." He shot me a cocky smirk, "Don't you love me, Lily? Tell Beatrice you love me." He was bouncing her in his arms, sending me looks and a few smirks over her head.

"You can call me Bea. I hate the name Beatrice." I said.

 The only person that called me that was family, and frankly, I really did hate the name.

"Okay, Bea. What does she like to do?" He gestured toward Lily in his arms, his hand brushing against her cheek.

"She's too young to do a lot. She mostly sleeps, drinks, and cries." I replied, crossing the room to him. He frowned down at her, his eyes narrowing.

I had seen so many of those crappy reality shows about teen moms on TV that I would always shake my head at them. The shows stated that they were trying to prevent kids from  teen pregnancies, but they really weren't. The kids and teens that were watching didn't even come close to realizing what it was like to actually care for a child. I had only had Lily about a week, and she had been asleep for maybe a few hours every night.