Chapter 10

Your POV

I sat on the floor of the Death Room in disbelief. This isn't happening. I looked up from my tea cup. Stein was looking down. Spirit was shooting daggers at Archne and Lord Death he was swaying happily like there wasn't a witch next to him. I looked at Arachne. "Tell me how I am your daughter." I said. She smiled with a small sigh. "Alright...You were very young when I had to put you where you would be safe...because you see, your aunt. Medusa wanted to take you and do the same she did to Crona to you." She looked down with a sigh before continuing.

"You never really did seem like the worthy type though. I knew that one day your Insomnia would come and you would be a Meister here. And you did and it did. I left you here where Lord Death took you in for a bit before moving you to the orphanage. There you were adopted and after that you were brought back here. I had asked Lord Death to never tell you and he kept his word." She said smiling at me. "But...how did you create me?" I asked.

She let out another sigh. "We were in the lab learning new spells and I miss calculated a spell that went haywire an created you as an infant. Medusa wanted to keep you and raise you with Crona but I saw other wise. You were made with a human soul that I had nearby. That was how you created. You met Crona once before I had to give you up for your saftey. But you are my daughter." She said. I stood and looked at her. "You are such a liar. I will never believe a witch." I said. I was picked up by my shirt. "Now (y/n) what she's saying is the truth." I looked to see lord Death. He was looking at me and holding me up by his hands. "I still don't believe it." I said crossing my arms. "Why abandon your daughter...so what...she wouldn't be a demon sword?" I asked.

Stein stood and walked over. "The demon sword is a very unstable weapon. The black blood gives you great power yes....But with it also comes great madness." he said. I looked at him and he was serious. I nodded and Lord Death put me down. I walked off the plat form and stopped. I turned my head over to Arachne slightly. "I may be your daughter...and if I am...I am not ever going with you to fight against this school...I don't care what any of you say...now if you'll excuse me...I have some sleep to catch." I said. I walked out of the DWMA.

I sighed kicking away a few rocks that were loose on the ground. I looked at the happy go lucky sun. It was laughing as usual. "At least you have something to laugh about." I said quietly. I turned the corner to go the Lab. I looked at the lab and sighed with a smile at all it's stitched glory. I walked in using the key that Stein had given me. Truging in I took off my shoes and face planted onto the couch. I let a sigh leave my lungs and be muffled into the cushion.

I rolled over and fell off of the couch. "At least now I know where the hell my insomnia comes...I guess." I stood with a huff and walked to the bathroom losing what closing I had and getting into the shower. I had to clear my head. "Who has a daughter then leaves them with the DWMA and then goes back 16 years later to say hi and everything will be fine and dandy?" I asked the air. "You now wondering about it like this can lead to madness." I heard. I sighed and pulled the curtain back looking at Stein. He was looking at me with a small blush.

I looked at him and crossed my eyes and sat in the bottom of the tub. He sat down leaning on the counter. "I'd rather have Madness than insomnia." I said. He laid down looking at me. I looked at him and sighed. "Shouldn't you be teaching?" I asked. "Shouldn't you be sleeping?" he asked. "I asked you first." I said. "I asked you second." he said sitting up. I chuckled a little at his childisness. "What are we gonna do now?" I asked. He sighed turning his screw. "Normally I would have killed you...but since you don't have a witches or a kishins soul...I'll let you live..and besides...I love you." he said. My eyes shot to him. "What?" I asked. He smirked. "You heard me." he said.

I chuckled and nodded at him. "I hope I did...If not I'd be in madness." I said smirking. He rolled his eyes. "My madness...makes me see things that aren't happening." he said. I rose a brow. "Like to me?" I asked. He blushed a little and rubbed his eyes. "Maybe." he said. I stood and walked over to him sitting on his lap. "Well to bad...I'm a minor." I said I stood and walked out of the bathroom and to my room. I heard footsteps and the door stopped as I tried to close it. I turned to see Stein. "You know I hate it when you do that." he said walking into the room and closing the door as I looked through my clothes and settled on a giant shirt and underwear before I sat on my bed. I looked at him. "I know but you love me." I said. "Indeed I do." he said before walking away.

I smiled for a bit before my face fell and I thought about the bigger problem at hand. I am the daughter of the witch Arachne Gorgon and I have nothing I can do about it. I have insomnia and can't do anything about that either. So i'll stay awake for awhile pondering my existence. Think I normally do watching the rain.