Chapter 1

AN- So in this story you have insomnia. And if you already do then that works as well. So you will normally have really tired eyes when you look around and what not...During the story you'll talk very quietly as if you are mumbling....just imagine that you are EXTREMELY tired alright...that's as best as I can put it right now...You normally wear black and leave your hair a mess as well....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV

I was sitting on a window sill chair ledge thing. (I don't know what they're called). It was in the middle of a downpour. I normally like watching the rain. Its noise makes everything else quieter. At the moment I'm sitting in a ball with my knees in my chest and my tired half open eyes looking outside. It's about 1:30 in the morning now and I've once again given up all hope of sleeping. Normally I would give up at about 3:00 in the morning but today it started to rain and that peaked my interests enough to stop wanting to sleep earlier.

I was now watching the rain through my messy bangs. I let out a soft sigh as I saw a light click on from down the hall. I was quiet and watched the light and shadows dance around them. Stein must be up. I've never really slept since I've been here. I wonder if he's noticed or not but I do have Insomnia. Sleeping is never one of my strong suits and hasn't been for a while now. I can't remember clearly the first time i found myself awake like this but I've learned to live with it. That is as well as coffee and sweets. (Kinda Like L)

I saw a reflection of someone else other than me in the window. I turned to look slightly. My eyes turned more than the rest of my body did. My half open eyes looked over to the person. He tilted his head and I heard the three clicks of his screw turning. Normally he is amazed at how I can stay up like this for weeks on end and be fine. He says that the average person can only live without 11 days without sleep.

"(y/n)..." he said. I looked out of the window bringing my legs in closer at the sound of his monotone voice. "hmm?" I asked quietly. He walked over and sat on the other side of the window seat. "Being up like this isn't healthy," he said quietly. I looked at him and sat up a little. "Neither is your madness...You don't see me complaining." I said a small smirk tugging at my lips. He looked at me and sighed an annoyed sigh.

"Why are you out here anyway?" I asked. "I'm about ready to go to bed...You need to do the same we do have school in the morning," he said. I looked at him then back out of the window. "I'm not tired.." I said quietly. I placed my chin back onto my legs making myself smaller. "Then how do you explain those bags under your eyes?" he asked tilting his head. I looked over at his reflection in the window. "I've told you countless times that I have insomnia, Stein," I said turning my attention back to the rain.

He sighed and walked off. "Do as you wish...But keep in mind you only have at least four days left," he said. I heard his footsteps fading down the hall followed by a light turning off and a door closing. That's strange..he almost sounded hurt...Almost. I looked back to the rain and sighed. Let the rain, Wash away, All the pain, Of Yesterday.

-About 6:00 in the morning-

I was still in my seat when I heard Stein's alarm go off. It still had a bit of a drizzle so I didn't move. I heard his heavy shoes on the cement floor before hearing them stop and he sighed. He came over and I looked up at him for a second. "I thought I told you to sleep," he said. I sighed and stood. "I thought I told you I'm an Insomniac," I mumbled and started to walk over to the kitchen for coffee. I made it at least three steps from him before he grabbed my wrist. He spun me towards him and I looked at him. "(y/n) this isn't good for you..." he said. I shrugged and looked at him prying my wrist from his grip.

"I already know that..." I said and turned to walk to the kitchen. He followed. "Stein there is nothing you can do to help with this medical condition." I said and grabbed a mug and started to brew the coffee. I heard him sit down and set his head on the counter. He sighed a frustrated sigh. "Stop racking your brain trying to help me," I said. He snapped his head up at me. I looked at him hands in my pockets and half open eyes. "It is my job to help you..you are my student..weather you like it or not," he said. I shrugged and grabbed my coffee putting a single ice cube in it and started to walk to the room that was mine.

I sat my coffee on the dresser and got changed into a black shirt and baggy jeans. I slipped on a pair of my worn converse as well. I walked out of my room with my coffee not bothering to brush my hair. I prefered it in my face anyway. I walked into the kitchen to see Stein sitting there waiting. "Ready?" he asked. I nodded and we walked out of the lab. The walk to the DWMA was short and boring. We never really said anything to each other when we walked to and from school but it didn't matter anyway.

He never really had much to say when it came to that anyway. Only when it has to deal with my Insomnia. I can tell that he's trying to think of ways to help. I can see it in his eyes and the fact he keeps turning his screw. I sighed and walked up the stairs. I walked into the school and turned a few corners going into the Cresant Moon Class. Stein stopped over by the Death Room probably because of me again. I sat in my usual spot away from all and any people. I normally sat alone so I could think and get my work done. Unlike another group not to far from me. One slacks off, Another makes giraffes, one files her nails, one yells about how he'll defy god, another gets that one to stop, one tries to get her work done, while another complains about symmetry and how he cant get his 'K' right on his name.

I rolled my normally half open eyes and continued my work as Stein walked in. He sat down and said he was going to get an animal ready to be dissectd as usual. I could tell he wasn't fully commited to his job like normal. Why I would only have to find that out. But that would have to wait until later tonight. When we are home and he isn't busy and my walk is over. But for now, I'll have to sit and be quiet and watch through my messy bangs as I try and determine what is wrong with my Professor.