Chapter 4

Your POV 

 I've been in this tree for a bit. I watched as Tsubaki and BlackStar both left. I watched as the lights in the lab turned off. I sighed as I jumped down. Keeping the same wavelength I went around the lab to my room. I climbed up to the window and climbed through. I wasn't in for more than five minutes before I heard footsteps down the hall. I hit the floor and rolled under the bed. I sat there making my wavelength and quiet as possible. 

I heard my door open and saw his shadow. I sat there and he came in and stopped at the end of my bed. I looked at his feet until I saw him kneel down and his hands curl under the frame of the bed. He lifted it and I was found. Before I could run he grabbed my ankle and pulled me out. He sat on the floor and wrapped his arms and legs around me. I sat there and he sighed. "Stein," I said. He held me tighter. I heard him start to cry. "Why are you crying?" I asked. He pulled away and sighed. He wiped his face. "I've realized the answer to your question," he said. I looked at him and he smirked a little. "What is that?" I asked. 

"This," he said. He placed a hand under my chin. He pulled me closer and I felt his lips on mine. He let go and looked at me. "Is that your final answer?" I asked. He nodded and I smiled lightly. "What is your rebutle?" he asked. I chuckled and crawled over to him. I looked down before snapping my head up and kissing him. He smirked and pulled me closer. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled away. "I think I have an idea as to how to get me to sleep," I said. He looked at me and smiled. "How?" he asked. "You need to put me under anesthesia," I said. 

He nodded before standing up with me in his arms and carrying me off to the lab. He sat me on the table and prepped an IV needle. He put it in my arm and hooked up the anesthesia. He put a blanket over me and walked over. He put the mask on me and told me to breathe. I nodded and took in a few deep breaths. I began to fall asleep and smiled at him. "It's working," I said. He nodded and leaned down. He kissed my forehead and smiled. "Sweet dreams (Y/n)," he said. I fell into a world of darkness. 

Stein's POV 

I watched as her normally half open eyes closed. I sighed relieved. I leaned back and sat over in my chair. I watched as her chest rose and fell slightly. I kept an eye on her monitor. She was doing fine. I closed my eyes for a bit. Falling asleep to the steady sound of the beeping of her heart monitor. 

-A Few Hours Later- 

I woke up and she was still there. I stood and wiped the sleep from my eyes. I walked over and looked at her. The anesthesia should be wearing off soon. I grabbed her hand and smiled. She stirred a little and I looked at her. She sat up and held her head. "Hey," I said. She looked at me and smiled. "It worked," she said. I nodded and took out her IV. She nearly jumped on me when I got it out. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her. "Would we be able to do that every night?" she asked. I put her down and looked at her. "Well probably not because anesthesia is only supposed to be used for surgery," i said. Her smile faded and I knelt down. "Hey look at me...We'll find some other way," I said. 

She nodded and I smiled. I stood and looked at my watch. "Hungry?" I asked. She nodded and we walked out to the kitchen. I sat her on a chair and she spun around. "This is the most lively I've seen you," I said. She shrugged and looked at me stopping the chair. "Well gee Stein I wonder why," she said. I smirked and looked at her. Her smile faded. 

Your POV

I looked at the counter my smile fading. "But...How long until it goes away?" she asked. Stein sighed and walked over. He wrapped his arms around me and sighed. "I know what it's like to feel like this," he said. I looked at him. "What do you mean?" I asked. He sighed and sat down next to me. "Do you know the story about how I was stolen to fight the DWMA?" he asked. I thought for a moment before shaking my head. "No," I said. he sighed and looked at the ceiling. 

"Well...My sanity has never been one of my strong suits growing up and still isn't...before you came here there was another nurse...her name was Medusa...She used to peak my interests...well soon enough I found her out as a witch...and not long after that, she found a way to speed my madness up...Soon after she did I sided with her because she told me that the noise was normal...And that she could stop it...But the only one that did was Marie...," he said. 

"Who is Marie?" I asked. He looked at me. "Oh she is another Death Scythe much like Spirit but she works in a  different area," he said. I nodded and looked down at my hands. "Did you ever like her?" I asked. He turned to me and made me look at him. I looked at him through my bangs. "We did when we were younger but it never worked....But I never really did love her..But she was head over heels for me," he said smirking. I chuckled and looked at him. "What much like you are for me?" I asked. 

He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "Indeed," he said. "Where is the food you said you would make me something I'm hungry," I whined. He chuckled and ruffled my hair before standing and walking over to the stove to start cooking. Wow, Professor, I guess you did see, That it was love, that has you and me. (1056 Words