"I know, but I also wanted to see how you're holding up. I know it's hard for you being away from your family."

"It is but I'll manage." He said as he noticed the three o'clock meeting with the company shareholders.

"I thought Stewart already met with the shareholders?"

"Yeah he did, but they wanted to have a meeting with you."

"Why?"

"I guess they want to feel you out. All you have to do is give them a bunch of yes' and don't worry about it, and you will be fine." Madeline said as she patted him on the chest. Nick's computer began to ring.

"That Gaby I gotta get that" Nick said.

"Tell her I said hello," Madeline said before she left to go back to her room and Nick closed the door rushing to get to his computer. Nick accepted the call, and the black screen slowly faded away showing Gaby's smiling face.

"Hey good lookin'," Gaby said with a laugh.

"Hi gorgeous, how's everything going?"

"Everything is fine; I just put Victoria down, so I've got about another hour hopefully before I have to become octo-mom."

"I really wish you would have agreed to the nanny."

"I told you if I feel like I'm going to lose my mind after a week then we could start looking for one. I don't see why we need to pay out extra money for someone to watch the children we created when I'm home all day."

"I guess so when you put it that way."

"Besides we would be getting a manny," Gaby said with a smile.

"Over my dead body," Nick said cutting his eyes at her making Gaby crack up with laughter. Nick loved the way her little nose wrinkled whenever she laughed or how whenever something was seriously funny to her she would snort when she laughed. He used to tease her about it when they were kids and call her Ms. Piggy, but now it was one of the things he missed about her whenever he was away.

"I take it you didn't like that idea."

"No, I didn't."

"Well, when you mention nannies we have to think about all nannies including the mannies. We don't want to be prejudice."

"Maybe a nanny isn't a good idea," Nick said as he scratched the back of his head.

"How about we get through the week first?" Gaby suggested.

"That sounds like a plan."

"Did you tell Madeline what I said about her hands?" Gaby asked arching her eyebrow.

"Uh yeah," Nick said looking away from the computer.

"Liar, you need to warn her before I do it myself." She huffed.

"Don't worry about her sweetheart she knows I'm a one-woman man."

"Hmmm, I'm sure she does," Gaby said folding her arms across her chest.

"I see my other twins are doing quite well," Nick said with a devilish grin.

"Pervert," Gaby quipped as she adjusted the webcam only to show her face.

"What? I have to pay my respects; they were my babies first. Daddy will be home soon girls!" Nick yelled, and Gaby just looked at him.

"I can't believe you just said that," Gaby said and Nick shrugged.

"What time do you have to be at the office?"

"8, we're having a staff meeting," Nick said with a groan.

"Aww poor baby, you need to get some sleep. I'm going to go and fix some bottles."

Nick could hear the sadness in Gaby's voice as she reluctantly put an end to their conversation.

"I love you Gabs."

"Love you too Nick." She said before the screen went to black.

Nick shut his computer off and put it back in its bag before sliding into bed. He turned the television on and flicked through the channels trying to find something to watch, but nothing seemed to interest him. Nick knew it would be hard being away from his family, but he didn't think it would be almost painful. Turning off the TV with a sigh of disgust he flicked the light off and laid in the dark waiting for sleep to come.

Nick tossed and turned all night, every time he looked at the clock he tried to imagine what Gaby was doing at that moment and if the twins were asleep or not. He got up thirty minutes before the alarm clock rang and was ready for work an hour early.

When Nick and Madeline walked into the building, it seemed as if everyone had stopped what they were doing to watch them. Nick could hear their whisperings as he walked into the conference room. Nick was never nervous when addressing a crowd, but today he was terrified. He already came in as the bad guy after laying off twenty people, some of which he had preferred to keep. Nick only hoped that the remaining staff could get over it and that he wouldn't have any problems.

"Well, that wasn't too bad," Madeline said perching herself on Nick's desk as he sat down burying his face in his hands.

"They hate us; I was ready for the pitchforks and torches to come out."

"Stop being so dramatic a little bit of fear is a good thing," Madeline said as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Don't worry about it I'm sure once the first week is up things will be less tense around here," Madeline said crossing her legs revealing her toned thigh Nick couldn't help but notice. Nick quickly tore his eyes away and busied himself with the papers on his desk.

"I hope you're right; I don't want to be the boss everyone hates."

"You're too sweet," Madeline said smiling at him tenderly as she stroked the side of his face. "You need to cut it out if you're going to last, you're going to have to be ruthless if you want to make partner," Madeline said as she slid off of the desk and readjusted her suit jacket before smoothing out her skirt.

"Partner?"

"Yes partner, isn't that what you wanted?"

"To be honest, I don't know anymore." Madeline furrowed her eyebrows as she studied Nick with such an intensity it was almost scary, and with a flash, it was gone.

"Well that up to you, but if I were in your shoes, I would not let the opportunity slip through your fingers." She said before sauntering out of the room. Nick groaned as he turned his chair so he could stare out the window as a dull throb in the center of his head signaling an oncoming headache.