"Can it be longer?"

August 31, 2016 3:00 PM

It has been almost two months since the incident with the plane.

A lot has happened since. Sean recovered and after two weeks they let him come to my cottage in Hawaii to help me finish packing. We sent them to my new home and we came by ship to California and then we drove the rest of the way to Cheyenne. We both agreed we would never fly again.

In two days we have to make our presence in federal court at the hijacker's trial. As it turns out, one of them survived and the other was the one I shot. I had to make a presence for manslaughter.

"Meghan, it was defense. You will be fine," he has reminded me over and over.

"I know. But what if I'm guilty? What if I have to go to jail? If I go to jail, I have to leave you!!"

"But you're not!! You will be fine!"

At noon yesterday I had a meeting with my lawyer. He had assigned me a five-page essay about my personality and my experiences during the incident.

All day today and yesterday I was fretting in front of Google Docs. I had no idea what to write.

Sean came in.

"Are you OK?"

"Oh, you scared me, I didn't know you were here."

"But seriously. Are you OK?"

"Not really. I have to write a five-page essay and I have no idea what to write."

"Come here, Meghan."

We hugged for a good five minutes.

"Remember that day in the 7 Eleven, where we met?"

"Yes, I do!"

"That was one of the best days of my life."

We kissed.

"I have to go now, Meghan."

"I have an idea now."

"Get to work, then!"

I call my lawyer.

"Hello?"

"Yes, it's Meghan Hope. How long does that essay have to be again?"

"Five pages, no less."

"Can it be longer?"

"Yes, of course."

"Thanks."

I hung up, opened Google Docs, and went to work. It started like this:

"It was snowing that Wednesday afternoon I arrived in Cheyenne, here to visit my Grandma for Christmas..."

HEY!

Thank you very much for reading Trapped. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. It's been almost six months since I finished Trapped, and I am amazed with the support it's gotten. So THANKS!!

If you want to see more of Meghan and Grape, check out the sequel. My newest story, "Stranded," takes place 7 Years after Trapped. I have a lot planned for it and I hope you enjoy!

Thanks for the tremendous support, and STAY POSITIVE!! =D

-G