"This is American Airlines flight 711. We are requesting an Emergency Landing."

3:55 AM

"Wait, I know how to fly a plane."

"I didn't know that, Meghan!"

"Yeah, I took a year of flight school when I was 17. I wanted to work for Hawaiian Airlines. But I quit after a year because it was too expensive."

"Cool."

"So come on, Sean. Get in the cockpit. I need a Co-Pilot."

We ran in and sat down. The radar and maps made us conclude that we were just over Lake Tahoe in California.

I went on the P.A. "Hello, My name is Meghan. Sean and I are going to be landing this plane at Reno-Tahoe Airport. Please stay calm. We will do our best."

I came in to the Airport with the radio. "This is American Airlines flight 711. We are requesting an Emergency Landing.. The plane was hijacked and the pilots were killed. The passengers have taken control of the plane back and I am flying the plane right now."

"OK. You will be at runway 17L at Reno-Tahoe. That's the closest one to you and the left runway."

The man asked us several questions as I brought the plane in. I landed successfully.

We used the exit slides to get out of the plane. We all went inside.

An ambulance came to take Sean and a few others to the hospital. After a quick hug, I let him go.

"When will he be back?" I asked the EMT.

"Very soon. I promise you that."