"His videos kept me alive for the next four terrible days"

March 28, 2016 6:34 PM

Grape's videos kept me alive for the next four days.

We had been in constant text communication. He had made it home and his furnace got fixed. He had put out three videos during the next four days. They kept me happy.

The funeral, memorial, and family feast went by in a blur. I would sleep at my Grandma's old house, and I got her bed. The same one where she died. It kept me up all night like a child, because I thought I was going to be next.

Finally, it was time for my flight home. I was waiting for my plane to arrive, which was now an hour late. This wasn't the first time American Airlines had screwed me over. I can't believe I still flew them.

I sent a quick text to Sean. "My flight is running really late. Will let you know when I arrive at home."

He responded with "Ok."

Then he sent "I know your Grandma died and you're probably really sad inside. Just try to keep a smile on your face and know that I am always there for you."

I couldn't not call him back.

"Hi Meghan!" he answered.

"Thanks for that text," I said, nearly in tears. "I really, really needed that."

"Aww, thanks."

"You're welcome."

"I don't know if I told you this before, but," he hesitated, "I love you. More than anyone else I've ever loved."

"You know something?"

"What?"

"Me too."