By the King - a Proclamation

With a monarchy like the one in this tiny kingdom, any law or proclomation could be approved and passed in a few hours or less. And with the king's new proclamation, it was up in front of his castle gates at the peak of everyone's days, when they were off going to work and crowding the streets. Even as an extra precaution, an abridged version was delivered by express to every house in the kingdom. Not only was the importance of the notice highlighted by the big, red, bold letters on top reading "By the King - A Proclamation", but there was even a picture of the princess's face at the bottom right next to King Michael's signature. And Princess Lauren was one of the things most girl gawked at around there. Her, and usually some kind of furry creature like puppies or kitties. But no matter how the urgency of the proclomation was highlighted or what had to be done, everyone was going crazy. Most people just stood to read the abridged version because the original itself was too long and boring to read. The proclomation arriving at everyone's homes read as follows:

All loyal subjects of his Royal Majesty King Michael are notified in regards to one glass slipper. Said slipper was worn on the night of the royal ball by the young woman Princess Lauren was dancing with. At exactly midnight, said slipper was left in our doman, leaving us on a quest to find the maid. The sole quest to find the woman is as follows: Every single maid in our beloved kingdom shall try on the shoe made of glass. Should a maid be found whose foot fits perfectly, such maiden will be acclaimed the object of this search and the one true love of our brave and noble, her Royal Highness, Princess Lauren. She will then take the young maid's hand in marriage to have and to hold in love and in sickness and so on and so fourth. They will then rule over our land as the new rulers of the kingdom as the Royal Princess Lauren and her future Queen.

As soon as everyone had read that, the girls went crazy waiting for the Grand Duchess Normani and the footwoman Ally to come and announce their arrival and purpose for coming before having any maid in the house try on the glass slipper. As soon as the proclamation was up and sent out, the two began traveling around the kingdom via carriage to begin their quest. But for a small village there was a lot of people living in there and more than so many girls. It was going to take a long time to find the right girl. And they had very little to go by with Lauren's description of her. Apparently the night of the ball she just kept getting lost in the girl's big brown eyes. So basically, all they had to by to find the girl was brown eyes and a foot that fit the glass slipper. Oh yeah, should be a piece of cake. Not. Especially with all the girls who were just begging to get married to the princess, insisting that they were the right one. If there was one bright side it was this: Normani was just glad all these girls weren't going gaga over her.

In the meantime, Tremaine found herself getting the mail early in the morning as Camila began her daily chores. But the second that Tremaine laid eyes on the official proclamation, she ran towards the stairs and up to her daughters' rooms. Stopping in mid staircase, she realized th girls would still be sound asleep by now. Must she do everything? Sighing heavily, the stepmother decided to bother Camila in the middle of her sweeping and have her suspicions confirmed.

"Karla!" she yelled. "Karla! Where is that son of a...?"

Downstairs, Camila appeared from behind one of the doors with her broom. She could see Tremaine at the top of the staircase, knowing she was the one calling. It was either better or wose than having Keana or Lucy yell at her. Holding in a sigh, Camila decided to see what her stepmother wanted.

"You called stepmother?" she asked in her most calm voice.

"Oh." Tremaine rolled her eyes. What took this girl so long to respond? "My daughters, where are they?" she demanded.

"I believe they're still in bed." Camila answered. "Is something the matter?" She was just able to hide a smug little look as Tremaine wasn't paying attention. That's right, let the crazy stepsisters annoy the creepy stepmother. That's what we wanted. Let them drive each other crazy for once.