Running out of Time

Everyone in the ballroom gathered around to watch the princess dance with the girl. They formed a circle around the pair and just watched them dance. No one had any clues as to who the girl was, but the other girls could only watch in envy wondering why it couldn't be them dancing with Princess Lauren. Among the group of girls was especially Keana and Lucy, who were desperate to find out who the girl was. After all, the princess had practically shoved them aside like they were nothing just to see her. She had some nerve to steal their woman, too. The sisters struggled to look through the crowd and look past the people to see who she was.

"Who is she, Mother?" Keana asked Tremaine as she tried looking over everyone.

"Do we know her?" Lucy questioned as she looked through people's legs and arms to try to get a better look.

"It looks like the princess does. She's the one dancing with her." Keana answered as-a-matter-of-factly.

Lucy got down on her knees and looked through some legs to see the dancing couple. "Well I've certainly never seen her."

"Nor I." Tremaine mentioned. "But she's certainly..." Tremaine stopped short of her sentence as she watched the two dance by. Sure they were still sort of hidden behind the crowd for Tremaine to get a really good look, but Tremaine was still getting a strange feeling from that girl. A sense of familiarity perhaps. "Wait a minute...there is something familiar about her." She then began doing as her daughters and followed the couple as they danced; Tremaine tried looking above and around the people to get a better look at them, trying to see why she had the feeling that she'd seen that girl before. She quickly saw them dancing outside, towards what looked like a courtyard. Tremaine made her way around the crowd and tried to follow them out, only to get stopped by some red curtains closing in front of her. She turned to see the Grand Duchess was the culprit. She glared at her, almost giving some kind of warning that she'd better get through. But Normani refused and held her ground, following the king's orders precisely.

Behind the curtains, Lauren and Camila continued their dance. Their eyes were locked as they moved in step with each other, perfectly synced. Camila had not been expecting this at all when she was granted her wish to go to the ball. She was merely assuming that there would be dancing and talking. Never had she imagined dancing with such an incredible woman. The longer she danced with her, the more she wanted to get to know her. And there was no way this could be love at first sight. She had to get to know her better first. Not like Camila would make the first move, of course. She'd been the one leading her. And it was working. Lauren, on the other hand, was merely drawn in by her physical features. But even she knew there was more to a girl than her looks. If her looks drew her in, then her personality would keep her in. She had to get to know this girl better. For once, any thoughts of her father trying to set her up with someone were pushed out of her head. The only thing Lauren was focusing on was her dancing with the most amazing girl.

"I thought you said you didn't dance." she chuckled.

"I don't." Camila admitted.

"Well you're very light on your feet." Lauren complimented.

Camila smiled. "I guess I must have a really good teacher. You dance a lot?"

"I travel a lot. I've picked it up from around." Lauren shrugged her shoulders.

"What else can you do?" she inquired.

"If you toss me a ball I can show you some skills." she said.

"I don't have one on me." she replied.

"I'll have to remember that for next time." Lauren said.

"Next time?" she wondered.

"Would you like a next time?" she asked.

Camila smiled shyly and nodded. "I would."