Chapter 7: Wait, What?

I share my last class of the day with Caleb. Again he sat by me. Please don't talk to me.

"Listen Alex." Great, why does God hate me. Honestly, does he find my discomfort and annoyment funny, because that is just twisted and wrong. "All I want to know is if you are going to keep my secret."

"Caleb," I question him, " Do you think that's the kind of person I am? The kind who is obsessed with gossip and would love to spill the dirt on you to further myself on the social hierarchy?"

He almost seemed taken back by my answer...almost. " Honestly, I don't know what type of person you are bu-" "But you judged me and thought 'hey this girl isn't popular she will use my dirt bike riding against me so that she could be'." I finish for him.

"That's not what I was going to say."

" Of course it wasn't, what you were going to say was that you can't take any chances. Which, by the way, is only a nicer version of what I said."

"Okay, Alex. You're right. I did judge you, but I'm only human. So are you going to keep my secret?"

"You don't believe I'm right; you're only humoring me."

"Nobody likes to admit their mistakes."

"So you did make a mistake then?"

"I never said I made a mistake, just that people who do make mistakes never like to admit them."

" So you still think of me as that person. Maybe if you knew who I am, you could find out whether or not your secret is safe."

"Okay, sounds like a deal."

Wait, what?

*****

Another short chapter I know. I'll probably update again this weekend.

Vote. Comment. Share. It keeps me motivated to know you guys are enjoying the story.