Chapter 6: What did I get Myself into?

It's Friday, and I'm still thinking about Caleb. I can't believe it was really him at that track. I went riding again with my brother a couple days ago and Caleb came with us. We met up with Jacob and Caleb's best friend John. He's a senior at Taylor Academy. John doesn't ride at all, he supposedly came to watch and hang out, but I think he was just looking for an excuse so he wouldn't have to babysit his little sister.

I didn't talk to Caleb at all because I  didn't know what to say. 'hey, if I tell anyone you ride you will no longer be popular with the jocks, anyways what's up?' He didn't have anything to say to me either. I did spend most of my time hanging out with Jacob, and he asked if I wanted to go riding with him on Sunday. Of course, I accepted the invitation. There haven't been many cute guys asking me out lately.  Or ever.

Jacob is amazing. He's a senior at Wayview, and he's really funny. He only looks hard to approach, because once you know him, he's a huge goofball. I find him absolutely adorable.

And he has not so subtly told me I'm beautiful...in front of my brother. I swear if looks could kill, Jacob would already be gone. It's kind of cute though; I've never had a boy's attention before and it feels good.

"ALEX!"

"What?"

"We're at school. I've been calling your name for like a minute."

"Sorry I was just thinking." My brother has decided that I will no longer be riding the bus,  and that he will be driving me to and from school from now on. I have to say I'm relieved. I was tired of riding a noisy bus anyways.

"Of Jacob."

"No." Yes. "Not everything is about Jacob, Tyler."

"Caleb then?"

"No." A little. "I wasn't thinking about boys." Liar.

"Sure you weren't"

"Tyler, your sarcasm has no effect on me."

"Sure it doesn't"

"Well as fun as this is, I have classes to attend so goodbye." And with that, I leave his truck and head to homeroom.

~~~~~~

"Hey, Alex."

"April! I feel like we haven't seen each other in forever."

"We saw each other yesterday."

"Shut up."

"How's Jacob."

"He's good. We've been texting each other non-stop."

Before April can say anything the bell rings and we are dismissed to our first-period class.

I sit in the middle of the classroom like I always do, but the person who usually sits beside me is told to leave their seat. The girl quickly scurries off to find a new place to sit.

"Hey, Alex."

"Caleb." Caleb is talking to me. Why God Why?

"You don't sound very happy to see me."

"You made that poor girl leave her usual chair."

"I'm sure she didn't mind."

"Whatever."

He whispers what he says to me next, " Are you going to keep my secret?" He looks at me pleadingly.

"Are you going to keep mine?"

"I asked you first."

Before I could reply the teacher walked in and told us to get out our notebooks. I'm a really good student, and I mean that in the most humble way. So you could see why I was angry when Caleb tried to talk to me while I was trying to learn.

"Seriously Alex, I need to know that I can count on you."

"Shut up Caleb. I'm trying to learn." I told THE Caleb Masterson to shut up. I'm going to faint.

"You're being unreasonable."

"Just don't talk to me right now."

He listened to me. He stopped trying to talk to me, but he kept stealing glances at me for the rest of the class. Which made me slightly self-conscience, I felt like he was judging me trying to figure me out. Trying to assume what type of person I was.

I knew that this wasn't over, that he would try to continue this conversation later. All I can say is what did I get myself into?

*****

Most of my chapters are short so please just be patient with me. I'm sorry if my update schedule gives you whiplash. I try to update when I can. I hope you are enjoying the story.

Don't forget to vote and comment. It gives me the motivation to update more often and continue with the story.