OSA Entry One

Hello mah peeps. I'm moving all the stuff in my OSA book to this one, so yeah. Thank yous.

17th September

Cutthroat Acting

Before I begin, I just have to say, Sherlock Holmes is an… Read More

Four Comments

*click*

17th September

Cutthroat Acting

Before I begin, I just have to say, Sherlock Holmes is an egotistical, self-righteous, arrogant, self-centred idiot. Honestly. Bragging about his acting skills literally moments before sending me to… Sorry, sorry, I’m getting ahead of myself. I’m assuming you all saw the news story. If not then I thank ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ for keeping it under wraps. This one is a bit humiliating:

It was a normal caseless day, and it was terribly dreary outside. Sherlock was acting like a toddler, which wasn’t improving my mood in any way. I ignored him, but it was just making it worse, so I went out to get milk, because it seemed like we were always out the next day I bought any.

He texted me a few times in the cab asking where I was, but I ignored it. (You can’t say he’s not persistent.) When I was in the supermarket, there was, of course, no milk. I headed back to the entrance, when I saw these two blokes in line. They looked normal, but they were doing a hand-off. I knew it was probably nothing but then they just walked out with their bags without paying. They went right past me, and I followed them out into the parking lot then confronted them.

Later, I was treating my wounds in 221b as Sherlock shouted at Greg in the living room to find the guys who had, “Mangled me beyond reason.”  After that, Greg got a description of the men from me. He told Sherlock to stay in the flat as he left, but of course he had to follow, and drag me along with him.

What we actually ended up doing was going to the store and Sherlock bribing the manager to let us see the security tapes to see if they had been here before, and if the handoff was regular. It turned out that it was, and they had been handing off there for a couple months. The manager commented with something along the lines of, ‘Those blokes look like a couple of my old employees.’ Or something like that. Anyway, Sherlock ignored him. I thought it was important, but apparently I was wrong. I assumed he saved away the information for later, cos he often does things like that, then stormed out.

While we were in the cab, Sherlock was busy in his Mind Palace. It really is incredible watching him find and sort things out. Remind me to write it up one day, or film it maybe.

Anyway, he struck gold right as the cab got to a park in the middle of London and began speaking to himself (or me, I’m still not sure) faster than he does when he’s deducting someone. We wandered around for a bit. It seemed like it was aimless and it was bleeding muggy, and I was drenched.

After what seemed like forever we got to… a pub. A pub! I was beyond irritated. When we went in I learned that it wasn’t only a pub, but a dinner theatre. Sherlock (surprisingly) wasn’t annoyed by the singing buffoons on the stage, and went right over to the bar. He ordered, in a very cryptic manner, a, “Blue-necked piston on the rocks.” We watched the performance while his ‘drink’ was coming, and it was not half bad. One actor caught my eye particularly. (His name was Eddie Spell, as I later learned.) He was certainly the best of the lot. Anyway, off topic again.

The ‘drink’ came, and it was just a regular pint with a note under it. He quickly read it, then we snuck behind the stage to wait for the actors. We had to wait there for an hour before the actors finally came back. As soon as some came in, I recognized them as the blokes from the supermarket. They recognized me too, but as soon as they got a good look at Sherlock, they ran out. We chased them to the back exit, but the actor I saw earlier stepped in front of us, letting the men get away. Sherlock was not happy. The actor introduced himself as Eddie Spell, and he was a huge fan. Neither of us were in the mood for a fanboy, so we excused ourselves, (I excused us.) and left. I was tired and hungry, so I went back to the flat, leaving Sherlock on his own. I don’t know what he did. I’ll ask him to fill it in on The Science of Deduction website later.