Chapter 15 :Liverpool

Becca's P.O.v.

Niall picked me up later that night. He said he would take me Liverpool which was approximatly a 2 hour drive. I didn't mind being in a car alone with Niall. He kept making stupid jokes or talk about all the amazing things he had been able to do on tour. Though he has made this much progress in his life, he seems to not really have grown a mindset with it. He is neither arrogant nor extremely down to earth. He still dreams his way through life and hopes to one day complete his secret bucketlist that he doesnt ever show to anyone. He wants it to be spontaneous, a random act done at just the right time. I like being around him, he takes my mind off of everything. Amber has been trying but seeing her only reminds me of him for some reason. Besides I know she'd rather spend her time with Louis, not that that will ever be a bad thing. He is a true gentleman and during this perfect stage of the relationship it's normal to be by each other's side 24/7. 

"We're almost there." Niall smiled as we entered the city. "What are we doing here?" "This city is beautifully lit at nighttime. Besides you said you'd like a change of scenery, i highly doubt you have any memories here." I nodded. Liverpool is not that far away, but who has the money or the time to go there when every day is a struggle to survive. "Thank you." I smiled. He parked the car and we went for a stroll through the city. Our timing was perfect, there was an evening market and everything. We searched through the stuff, dressed up with silly hats and pretty boas. "I could really use this on stage." I winked at Niall as I posed with it. "You could catch any man with that." He laughed and i tried to capture him with it. The man who watched the stand loved us so much he offered us to keep the things but we couldn't do that, so we took a picture instead. Lateron we passed a closed supermarket and Niall pushed me around in a cart pretending he was my father and I was his uncomprehensive child. This whole trip made me feel better about everything. We just laughed and joked around, people probably thought we were nutjobs. "I'm hungry." Niall groaned after running around for another hour. "Whaaaat, but we went shopping like an hour and a half ago daddy." I winked as I hopped down the street. He chuckled and caught up with me. "Pick a restaurant, love." He smiled as I looked around. I choose a small diner that was hardly noticeable between the big foodchains. We ordered everything we wanted of the list and shared our food to have a new learning experience. The waiter eyed us strangely and his collegue kept bugging Niall about stupid stuff because she wanted his attention. I thought it was cute but it was noticeable that Niall felt very uncomfortable. I asked the waiter to give a napkin that Niall signed as a way of saying goodbye to her so that we could enjoy the last part of our meal, dessert.

I ordered a vanilla ice cream, while Niall ordered practically anything else from the list. I stared at Niall as he devoured another ice cream before complaining its too tiny. "Why are you looking at me like that?" H asked while wiping his mouth. "I'm really thankfull you took the time to help me out, I feel a lot better now. My mind is finally clear. "Then forth we shall go too bradford and face our every day to day life and shall life become hard or unbearable once more, we shall return to liverpool as our new secret hideout." He spoke, trying to sound like someone of the middleages. I giggled, even when my heart dropped from the sound of having to go back to bradford and endure everything all over again. Niall must have noticed because he hugged me. "Hey, you knew we would have to go back at some point Don't worry though, I'm at your back and call, whenever and wherever. And if you feel the need to escape once more, just let me know and i'll take you away from here in an instant." I blinked away the tears, unable to thank him enough for just this night alone. It has been a long while since anyone did this much for me without ever asking anything in return for it. We walked back to the car, my head still in the clouds.

We entered my all to familiar neighbourhood. Instead of letting it get to me I just took a deep breath and let it go. There wasn't anything I could change about my current situation, I'd just have to make things pleasant for myself. I did this for the past ... years, I could do this now even with new memories and the ache of having him near. I exchanged numbers with Niall and promised I would call him as soon as I felt bad again. He told me he didn't want to see me get like that again, it was inhumane. "Thanks for being a great friend Niall, eventhough we barely know each other." I hugged him and kissed his cheek. "Anything for a beautiful smile like yours." I blushed, grabbed my purse and stepped out of the car. Walking towards my frontdoor, I looked back to see he was still there, waiting for me to go inside and be safe. What a wonderfull feeling that was. 

Niall's P.O.V.

This was the best idea I ever had, I thought while driving home. I know it was Liam who asked me to watch out for Becca when she left the house. She wouldn't let anyone near her but being alone in this neighbourhood could get you harmed sometimes, atleast that is how Zayn recalled it. When I saw her cry I just had to go and try to cheer her up. This was Zayn's wrong doing, even when he denies ever doing anything wrong to her. The evening in Liverpool was amazing, I can even check something off of my bucketlist. She picked a random small diner when she could have picked the fanciest restaurant in Liverpool, but she didn't feel the need to. She doesn't need to spend all the money in the world, she just wanted to have some fun. When she finally was back into an old set off mind I thought it would be best to go back home since it was 10pm and it still was a 2 hour drive. Becca didn't really seem up for it but I did my best trying to comfort her with the only thing I could come up with, that I would always be there no matter what. She got emotional and it felt great knowing that my words had touched her like no others had in these past few days. We drove back home singing along to any and every song that played on the radio.

We neared Bradford and I could hear Becca give a small sigh. Who could blame her. This was the place she tried to get away from as far as possible. We entered her neighbourhood and she stayed surprisingly calm. I stopped infront of her house and gave her my number or else my promise would be dead before it started. She gave me hers in return. With a shy smile on her face she thanked me for this evening and for being a friend in general and without thinking I blurted out that I'd do anything for a smile like hers. She blushed and quickly got out of the car. I guess we both felt a little embarrased about my confession, but that's alright. I stayed until I knew she was safe.

 I arrived home shortly after replaying the  evening in my head. It was truthfully one of the best evenings i have had in a while. Beccas sure is something special, but she's Zayns something special, even when she doesn't feel that way. A part of her will always be his. 

And that might eventually tear everything apart...