25. Where's Scott?

Start from the beginning

I bit down on my lip again, running my index finger along the outskirts of my eye to wipe the sleep from it. "anything, as long as it makes you happy" I replied.

"No matter what, I want you to stay away from me on the full moon. I don't want to risk your safety. I don't care how much you want to be there I want you to stay away" I could hear the urgency in his voice, also the hint of him being wide awake, his voice was full of energy.

"I promise" I spoke honestly, If Liam was concerned about me, I didn't want him to stress over me so I promised to stay away from him on the full moon. I would be a little stupid to go to a place were there is a slight out of control werewolf with anger issues. But hey, we are getting there.

The call went silent for a couple of minutes but all I could hear was liam's breath through the phone. It sounded relaxing and If i wasn't slightly awake, the sound could of lulled me to sleep. "Rebecca, can you talk to me please" Liam begged. "I just want to hear your voice. Talk to me about anything, girly gossip, what you're wearing, how hot you think I am" I could here a slight hint of cockiness in his voice.

I giggled slightly into the phone, "Please I just want to hear your voice" He mumbled before I could send him a retort. I spent the rest of the night awake, talking to Liam about anything. He was sweet, like usual. I wouldn't of been able to tell he was angry with me only hours before.

****

That horrid feeling still lurked inside me, it felt like a darkness which was trying to break free telling us something was wrong. Today, when I saw Lydia I asked her if she felt the same feeling, she only gave me a neutral look, her eyes a couple shades darker like she agreed. She could feel the darkness coming too.

It was like a storm cloud, in the distance making it's way towards us. Something was definitely wrong. I could feel it, I could sense it, I could hear it. It sounded like death, death was on the horizon.

I pulled Liam's Lacrosse hoodie over my head, letting the warmth of the material radiate on my cold body. My eyes instantly glanced outside, the sun was sinking lower and lower into the sky, lighting it up with colours of fire. Red and orange streaks laced through the sky making me take a quick photo of the beautiful scene.

"Rebecca!" My mom called from outside my door, quickly after a knock followed. I narrowed my brow, letting a quick sigh slide from my mouth before I walked over to the door and opening it to face my mother. Her dark hair was pulled back into a ponytail making her face look slightly more square then usual. Her face seemed hard and her lip was stern.

"Where are you planning on going tonight?" Her tone seemed slightly agitated. Mom got very tetchy when I left the house especially after dark after everything that has happened. She still doesn't believe me that I had been staying at Lydia's, she even asked Aunt Natalie and clearly she told her I'd spent no time there.

Unfortunately, lies catch up with us all at some point.

I rubbed my hand along my forehead. "I thought that maybe we could order take out and watch a film together tonight. Maybe Twilight. I know you have always had a thing for vampires" My mother smiled, trying to have some interest in my life for once.

Thats pretty ironic since I'm dating a werewolf, a mutual enemy of blood sucking vampires. "Mom" I sighed heavily, my brown eyes sinking to the floor. "I'm going to watch Liam's lacrosse game tonight"

My mom pouted slightly, her head turning to the side as her lips tightened in a harder line. "I don't think that's a good idea" My mother pressed.