25. Where's Scott?

Chapter 25: Where's Scott?

I felt my body jerk at the sound of my annoying ringtone, I felt the cogs in my brain start to hiss as they churned together. It was way to early for me to be awake right now. I didn't feel like opening my eyes, they felt heavy with the weight of sleep holding them shut.

There was a feeling in my gut, which alarmed me to throw back the covers of my bed and answer my mobile phone. After rolling in my bed and hearing the sound of my mobile phone stopped ringing. I knotted my eyebrows, opening one eye and seeing the darkness which loomed in front of me.

I probably should of seen who decided to call me at this unholy hour but instead I just sunk back into the warmth of my bed. Shortly after my phone starting ringing again, this time, I rolled my eyes as well as rolling on my bed so I could retrieve my phone.

I glanced at the caller Id. Prince Liam

Seriously! I so need to change his name on here, I sound like some 9 year old girl with an infatuation over a celebrity crush.

Without a second thought I answered the phone raising it to my ear. At first I didn't know what to expect, I hadn't spoke to Liam since our little argument earlier in the gym area. Instead, I spent most the day alone, mainly being chase by Lydia apologising to me.

Finally exhausted with the topic I forgave her, and asked that maybe she could get Scott to talk to me about this matter, After School I headed to Deaton to see if maybe he had found any answers for me about whats going on with me. He said that there had seemed to be a small alteration to my blood work, that there was more Whiteblood cells in my plasma than usual.

I left Deaton with the task of trying to figure out how I became a banshee, he said it was particularly rare to end up with the gifts I had without some supernatural influence. He said sometimes humans could inhibit small gifts of a banshee, such as having a prediction like my grandma but with the 'power' I supposedly had it would be particularly rare.

Returning my thoughts back to what was happening right now all I could hear was the quick pants of Liam's breath down the phone. Nervousness filled my body as I threw myself upright in bed. "Liam are you okay? Whats wrong?"

There was a defending silence before I heard Liam's voice. "I can't sleep" He mumbled.

I bit down on my lip harshly, "Are you having nightmares again?"

"No" He replied almost immediately. "I can't sleep because I'm thinking of you. My mind has been going over what to say all night and now it's 3am and I brought myself to talk to you"

I didn't exactly know what to say, but a little shiver of fear rose through me. I felt my cheeks turn ice cold as a horrid thought hit me. Was he breaking up with me?

"I'm sorry Rebecca. I'm sorry I have been a dick to you today. What I said, was harsh but slightly true. I'm to busy worrying about you that I don't want to let my own problems in." Liam breathed out heavily, his voice was cracking as if he was about to cry.

"I'm scared, but I don't want to be. I'm scared of the next full moon which is tomorrow night. I'm scared of those creatures and most importantly I'm scared I'm going to lose you" Liam whispered. "Hell I thought maybe I lost you today since you didn't get the bus back with me"

I sighed, "Liam I shouldn't have to burden you with my problems if you can't handle your own. I am your girlfriend and I will always be here for you to vent to or to confide in with your problems. No matter how weak you may feel by telling me I will always understand. So would Scott, if you needed to tell him"

"You can't always be brave all the time"

Liam huffed, I could imagine him now running his fingers through his chestnut brown hair. I think he'd look absolutely adorable especially with the aura of sleep around him. "I promise I will tell you things in future" He admitted, "I just want you to make one promise to me Becca"