Chapter Twenty Eight

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y E I G H T

            Justin watched his sister scrunch up her nose in concentration. He could tell she was trying to talk to Logan – and tell him where they were. Justin was unsure of trusting the guard – why would he help them? How could it benefit him in any way?

            A small smile was drawn on Lila's dirt filled face; Justin guessed that she'd gotten through! At least they'd only have a few more days left in this torture chamber. He was sick of being used as some sort of lab rat.

            “Justin, try to reach Alpha Darren, please?” He heard her plead whilst swaying. Not wanting her to exhaust herself, he nodded. He could feel his mind being 'full' again.

            “I will, but you get some rest. I'm not having you faint when the rescue crew comes in.” In all honesty, Justin wanted to be the one to get them both out. He felt as her older brother (by two minutes) that he should have been able to get them out but he couldn't. It was probably one of the reasons he was reluctant to trust this guard's intentions.

            “Don't let me sleep too long.” Lila muttered before collapsing on the soggy mattress. Feeling a grimace appear on his face (he wouldn't sleep on the mattress, even if someone paid him a million pounds) he nodded, even though Lila couldn't see it. Justin didn't know why she wanted him to wake him up – she'd said it every time before she passed out but Justin kept his word.

            Not wanting to risk any more time, he immediately reached out for Alpha Darren.

            “Alpha? Are you there?” He called out, he felt stupid but he didn't want to shout it out and not be heard. He needed to make sure that Alpha Darren was there when he told him the plan.

            “Justin, is that you?” Hearing his voice, Justin sighed in relief. At least the Fates weren't that cruel as to let them rot in this hole – there was hope for their escape.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

            Darren was pretty sure everyone realised who he was talking to through the link. It was obvious; shock was written all over his face. There was only one person who he would be shocked to hear from.

            “Yeah. Look, I don't have much time but apparently some... people have a plan. I know where we are.” Darren's eyebrows furrowed. How could he know where they were? They'd had no contact for the past few days!

            “Where?” The sooner Darren got the city, the sooner the team could find them. He was worried that Logan would go crazy... again. He didn't like the idea of chaining his son up and thankfully Missy had managed to calm him down. He was off somewhere doing something.

            “In Elgin. Apparently there's some sort of building with a globe on? That's where we are. Lila reckons we're in a basement or something.” Darren noted down all the details. They were in Scotland? He wondered how they'd gotten there...

            “Can I talk with Lila?” Darren wanted to know if she had any more clues about where they were or if she knew why they were there. Also, he wanted to thank her for saving Jack. He'd come home without a hair missing on the top of his head.

            “She's er, asleep. I don't want to wake her up, she er, needs her sleep. She's exhausted because she's been trying to, um, get out of her ch- out of this pr- out of this basement.” Justin stumbled over some of his words and Darren knew he was lying. He didn't question him. He'd said he had limited time.